Sonnet xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt 2 PCIe Expansion System
Expand & Secure Your Mac Pro
Building on the concept of our award-winning Sonnet xMac mini Server for Mac mini, we designed an expansion system that safely encloses the latest Mac Pro into a tightly integrated 16″ deep rackmount enclosure, incorporates PCIe card expansion with three PCIe 2.0 slots and 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, and provides the capability to add peripherals with optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits.
The new Mac Pro is an object of desire, but a lustrous finish hides its true beauty within—massive power. If you’re a pro user in the video or audio industries, the Mac Pro offers the power you need, but lacks the built-in expandability you count on. In order to achieve this engineering feat, Apple designers stripped away components and space to a minimum, taking out PCIe slots and drive bays, and packed the remaining components into a small cylinder. Its compact size makes the new Mac Pro more transportable and rackable, but prevents onboard installation of PCIe expansion cards. In addition, the computer still requires an enclosure to make it road- or rack-ready and provide convenient cable management.
Sonnet’s xMac Pro Server PCIe 2.0 expansion system/4U rackmount enclosure addresses these issues and increases a Mac Pro’s potential in a big way. With amazing expansion capabilities, an easy to maintain modular design, and support for a wide range of popular mobile racks, carts and portable rack cases, Sonnet xMac Pro Server is the perfect solution for expanding the power of your Mac Pro.
A.Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kit (optional)
B.PCIe Card Expansion Module (included)
C.Computer Mounting Module (included)
Rear Panel Mount Cables
Panel-mount cables (HDMI, two Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 3.0, one 3.5 mm audio [out or in], and power) connect the ports on the back of each Mac Pro to ports on the back each Computer Mounting Module for convenient external connection.
New Faceplate & Thumbscrew Design
Because of the active electronics contained in each end of a Thunderbolt cable, panel-mount connectors for Thunderbolt cables do not exist; Thunderbolt cables must be connected directly to the computer. Sonnet has updated the Sonnet xMac Pro Server to make that task, and accessing PCIe cards, easier. Screws on the back of the enclosure have been replaced with captive thumbscrews, and the faceplate has been split in two (with each faceplate remaining attached to its module), enabling you to secure, release, and slide out each module without the need of tools.
Simpler Mac Pro Rackmount Solution
If you like the idea and design of the Sonnet xMac Pro Server, but don’t need the expansion capabilities it offers for your Mac Pro, consider Sonnet’s RackMac Pro rackmount enclosure for one or two Mac Pro computers. This 4U enclosure includes one or two Computer Mounting Modules (the same included with the xMac Pro) to secure the computers, and supports the installation of one Twin 10G Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 2 Adapter per computer. If you change your mind later about Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion, you can add one or two Sonnet Echo Express III-R chassis to your setup.
Main Key Features:
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion for Mac Pro:- Use high-performance PCIe cards with the latest Mac Pro
- Makes Your a Pro Road-Ready:- 4U rackmount enclosure securely holds the computer and PCIe cards in place, adding mobility to your Mac
- Three PCIe Slots:- Supports three full-length, full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface:- Maximum performance with Mac Pro; backward compatible with devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Improved Design:- New captive thumbscrews and two faceplates enable easier computer and PCIe card installation, and simpler cable access.
- Power for High-Performance PCIe Cards:- Integrated 300W power supply provides plenty of power for any cards you install; 75W auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET-X
- Provides Space for Additional Devices:- Using optional Mobile Rack Device Mounting Kits, you can install HDDs, SSDs, a tape or optical drive, and more inside the Sonnet xMac Pro Server’s enclosure
- Remarkably Quiet:- Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans automatically and quietly cool installed PCIe cards
- Front Panel Operation, Rear Panel Connectivity:- Front panel power button activates power switch on Mac Pro; USB 3.0 port enables connection of peripheral devices such as a keyboard, mouse, thumb drives; two Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 3.0, and HDMI ports are mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity
- Energy Efficient:- Variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac Pro is sleeping or off
- Supports Thunderbolt Expansion:- Enables daisy chain connection of additional Thunderbolt technology devices when other Mac Pro Thunderbolt ports are in use
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible PCIe Card Supported:- Works with every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, regardless of length or height
AVID Qualified for Pro Tools|HDX & HD Native and Media Composer/Symphony
- 5-Year Warranty Included:- No extra charge for a 5-year Sonnet pro warranty
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included:- Includes Thunderbolt cable and ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Locking HDMI Cable Included:- Includes Sonnet-exclusive HDMI cable with locking connector at one end to secure cable from accidental disconnections from Sonnet xMac Pro Server
To learn more about Sonnet Technologies, Click Here
View more products from Sonnet Technologies