SSL 4048G+SE (Special Edition) – The last of the great 4K’s
One of the only 12 SSL Special Editions ever produced. Sonic Circus restored this console in 2014 including fader, multiplexer and switch refurbishment, component level troubleshooting and repaired all faults at that time. Added a new leather bolster as well as new fader overlays. The Atomic instruments PSU and Tangerine Automation interface was then added while the console was commissioned. The console has been maintained by us in a private studio ever since.
SSL SL4048SE G Plus Special Edition Pre Owned 1998
48 Frame loaded 44 611SE TRU Modules with 20 82E292 EQ 24 82E242 EQ with 4 additional 8K modules One of 12 Special Editions built by SSL
Ultimation Moving Faders fitted on 48 channels
Phase Scope fitted in penthouse
Left Hand Patch 12U 10 Strips
Right Hand Producers Desk 12U (Removed)
AirCues, Stereo Solo Bus
Front Buffer and Top Trim black leather
Oxygen Free Cabling
Button Tape Remotes and Motionworker
- An enhanced Group Solo system providing group AFL and PFL
- Console solo modes can be switched between destructive solo, stereo AFL and mono PFL
- Routing to up to 48 tracks via 24 switch routing matrix
- Four additional stereo auxiliary sends on every channel via the Stereo Cue controls
- Improved track bouncing
- Discrete four channel panning on every channel
- Four channel main monitor system with switchable insert point
- Included all the features ever seen on a 4K and 6K.
Atomic Instrument Power Supply
Atomic Instrument was created to fill the growing demand for reliable, efficient, power supplies for large format recording consoles. It’s a power supply that uses about half the energy, lowers the noise floor (up to 13dBu), vastly improves reliability, and noticeably improves sound quality. Most importantly all Atomic Power Supplies provide extensive protection to your valuable console and monitors during erratic power from electrical storms and brownouts. Click the shop tab for more information.
THD Labs Tangerine Automation Interface
TAI-2RU rack-mount ULTIMATION Interface. It replaces the existing SSL computer in the machine room and can re-uses the previous installed cables.
The unit is fan less and silent. It includes internal and external accessory ports for expended functionality with the following options.
The “Recall-IT” system allows to memorize and manually recall all the consoles channels potentiometers and switches positions. This option offers the same functions has SSL® Total Recall with the added benefits of “intranet/web” access from any devices on your local cat5/WiFi network. As not all SSL console where equipped with recall multiplexers PCBs installed, please check that you console as the needed multiplixer PCBs for this option.
This option gives acces to the SSL center section keyboard and transport keys. Allowing direct acces to global automation functions and modes as well as DAW transport remote control, including including Markers and locate points.
- Modular interface configuration can be defined to match channel count.
- From 8 to 96 channels of SSL® VCA compatible voltage I/O’s.
- Uses your compatible DAW as the automation software.
- OTB, hybrid and ITB mode allows adapted DAW workflow.
- To computer « write » resolution: 10 bits (1024 steps)
- From computer « read » resolution 12 bits (4096 steps)
- +/- 0.1 db precision in the +10/-30db fader range
- Control and automate volume and mutes.
- Control automation modes.
- Null fader function with « abs/trim » LEDs to match actual fader position.
- Support for « TRIM/ABS » modes.
- Fader’s “abs/trim” LEDs used for legacy function or DAW automation status.
- Global or multiple channels « auto » mode select from status switches.
- Automate the master fader or channel #32 via configuration mode select
- User defined, «on stop, goto selected automation mode after write ».
- Use faders to control virtual controller in DAW.
- HUI® and “custom” mapping protocol.
- High performance multi processors modular design.
- Silent, fan less, low power (34 Watts).
- 32 channels system can be installed under console (short 4x flat cables, 1x longer USB…)
- All lead free, RoHS components.
- Mac® or PC compatible, plug and play, no driver needed in HUI mode.