SSL AWS 948 Analog Console with Automation and Recall (Used)
Used mint condition less than 100 hours of use
Total DAW Control for Analog Souls
SSL AWS 948 – Solid State Logic (SSL) reinvented the premium, professional production, in-line, analog console by combining classic SSL SuperAnalogue™ console technology with amazing DAW control hardware in a single work surface. It is now used by leading international recording artists, producers and engineers and has shaped expectations for session workflow within today’s and indeed tomorrows’ production environments.
The AWS is a complete 24-channel/8-bus standalone mixer with 48 analog inputs. The AWS 948’s 24 channels each feature a top-shelf SSL SuperAnalogue mic preamp, stereo line-level inputs, a stereo 4-band EQ, and a stereo compressor — also all based on classic SSL tech. In addition, with the push of a button, the AWS 948 instantly becomes a motorized control surface for your favorite DAW, including complete control over most plug-ins!
24 Channel Analog Workstation System
Designed for mid-scale commercial recording and production facilities, the AWS is available with 16 inputs, 24 inputs, as well as 48 inputs within a compact 24 fader frame. The AWS 916 also has 16 mic pre’s, the AWS 924 and 948 have 24 mic pre’s. The AWS 916 & 924 have mono channel strips and the 948 has stereo/dual mono channel strips that offer a second line level input per channel to provide 48 summing channels. Also, all models deliver pristine SuperAnalogue™ summing, 24 ultra-clean SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre’s, classic SSL dual curve EQ on every channel, two assignable SSL Dynamics channels, legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, TotalRecall™ and full 5.1 monitoring. In addition to on board classic SSL Automation, all models feature the new d-Ctrl system.
The AWS also features Ethernet connectivity for streamlined hardware control over your entire Digital Audio Workstation environment. AWS also delivers elegant, ergonomic physical control with dedicated heavy duty DAW transport, V-Pot multifunction encoders with position indicating LED’s, Digital Scribble Strips, DAW fader mode, global and channel routing control and built-in TFT display for advanced plug-in editing. Also, Project Session Management is kept simple through SSL’s proprietary Logictivity interface.
The AWS is an SSL SuperAnalogue™ console, featuring audio performance specifications that have established benchmarks by which other manufacturers are measured. Exceptionally low THD, noise floor as well as crosstalk levels keep your audio absolutely pristine. Legendary headroom carries every nuance of your audio and additionally allows engineers to mix ‘hotter’ without distortion.
- SSL Delta Control 24 Plugin bringing Delta Control to Logic Pro users
- Stereo Channel Outputs provide post pan, stereo channel stem recording in a single pass (948 only)
- Independent insert IN/OUT switching on In-Line channels simplifies installation and expands the versatility of the Monitor path (948 only)
- Enhanced Small Screen Signal Flow graphics in the Chan Setup page dynamically displays processing order and IN/OUT status on Stereo and In-Line channels
- Combination of SuperAnalogue™ console and advanced DAW controller
- SSL SuperAnalogue™ mix bus provides pristine audio foundations
- SSL SuperAnalogue mic pre’s provide transparent record path
- Innovative Dual Path Channel with three versatile operating modes (948 only)
- 48 inputs on SSL AWS 948;
- IN-LINE TRACKING = 1 mic + 1 line inputs per channel
- IN-LINE MIX = 2 x mono line inputs per channel
- STEREO MIX = 1 x stereo line input per channel
- NEW! δelta-Control advanced integration of console and DAW automation.
- AWSomation SSL motorised fader mix automation based on the heritage of G and K series Ultimation
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ, assignable Dynamics and SSL Master Bus Compressor
- 4-Band EQ design with independent E/G curve switching of HF/LF (Stereo on 948 only)
- 5.1 Surround monitoring and Monitor calibration including Bass management
- MIDI over Ethernet multi layer DAW workstation control
- Digital Scribble Strips for console and DAW data
- Elegant project setup via SSL Logictivity Remote Browser and SD card storage
- SSL’s unique trademarked TOTAL RECALL™ system with ‘TR Autoscan’
- Responsible ‘green’ manufacturing and reduced power consumption
- Compact 24 fader frame ideal for small control rooms
And finally, to learn more about Solid State Logic, Click Here