SSL Matrix 1 with Argosy Console (Used)
Powerful SSL Analog Punch, 16 DAW Moving Faders, DAW Transport, Total Recall
- 40 input SuperAnalogue summing console:
- 16 analogue line channels with two inputs per channel
- 32 x 16 x 16 ‘Insert Router’ for up to 16 external hardware processing devices
- Hardware processors can be inserted via console controls or cross platform drag and drop software browser
- Hardware processors can be inserted individually or as ‘chains’
- Stereo Aux Send and 4 x Mono Sends per channel
- 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing
- Dual Stereo Mix Busses with summing Inserts and reassign
- Artist Monitor output with independent EQ and monitor source selection
- ‘In Line’ DAW monitoring with ‘SuperCue’ headphone mode
- Stereo or 5.1 External Monitor inputs
- Stereo or 5.1 EXT monitoring outputs with independent Main and Mini monitor control
- 5.1 Monitor card available as an upgrade for Matrix V1 owners: here.
- Stereo digital I/O (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) with SSL converter technology
- iJack front panel Monitor input
- Heavy duty external PSU
- Ergonomically advanced hybrid hardware control surface:
- Single button push flips control between the analogue signal path and DAW software
- Multi-layer control of up to four DAW’s simultaneously
- Digital scribble strips for constant visual feedback
- 16 channel strips each with motorised fader and assignable rotary encoder
- Additional motorised ‘Focus’ fader for simultaneous DAW/Console control
- Fader-linking for analogue channels
- Programmable hardware buttons for sending of standard USB keyboard commands
- Total Recall for analogue console controls
- General purpose MIDI controller mode
- A-FADA or MIDI Fader automation
- Ethernet MIDI connectivity
- Cross platform ‘Logictivity’ remote browser interface:
- Intuitive cross platform remote browser for system configuration and project management
- Simple drag and drop insert router page for configuring hardware device chains and loading inserts
Integrate your analogue outboard
Imagine being able to access your favourite combinations of analogue outboard equipment and apply them to your project without ever leaving the console.
The SSL Matrix Analog Recording Console Insert Router is like having a supremely versatile and controllable patch bay built into the console. You physically connect up to 16 hardware devices to the 16 insert points on the console (using rear panel standard D-Sub connections) but unlike a traditional console you are able to select which of these devices are applied to which console channels ‘on the fly’. The system even lets you build ‘chains’ of processors so that you can immediately recall and insert a favourite combination of mic pre, EQ and Dynamics… or instantly swap individual processors within the chain… or instantly change the process order of the chain…without leaving the console. With SSL Matrix 2 Devices and chains can either be created and inserted using hardware buttons on the console surface or a simple drag and drop software interface running on a computer. SSL Matrix 2 is the closest thing you will find to using hardware devices like software plug-ins within you DAW. The workflow of the Insert Router may feel like software but the signal path is 100% SSL SuperAnalogue hardware.
- Integrated 32x16x16 Insert Router routing – Say goodbye to complicated external patch bays
- Analogue plug-ins – Insert your analogue outboard gear at the click of a mouse or at the push of a button.
- Save FX chains and set-ups – Fast configuration and recall of your outboard chains
Control your DAW
At the heart of your studio, Matrix reaches out to give comprehensive control over your DAW environment, reinstating the console to its role as creative hub.
With HUI or MCU modes, the 16 motorised faders and channel controls provide complete hands-on control over your DAW mixer, allowing you to enjoy mixing on a tactile, fully-featured control surface. Additionally, SSL Matrix 2 Analog Recording Console gives you access to transport & navigation functions, plug-in & virtual instrument parameters, and essential DAW commands, allowing you to work quickly and easily using just the console surface.
For crucial track adjustment, our unique ‘Focus Fader’ mode enables the Master Fader (and accompanying V-Pot) to control any channel within your DAW environment that is not part of the currently selected DAW layer, perfect for time saving in mixdown.
- 16+1 fader controller & channel controls – Console control over DAW fader, pan and send levels
- Ethernet DAW connection – Avoids multiple cables and additional interface boxes
- Plug-in & virtual instrument control – Map plug-in parameters to faders, V-pots etc. via MIDI
- Work freely in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo, Live or Studio One – your choice.
- Programmable soft-keys for DAW shortcuts – Rapid access to essential DAW commands (up to 350 per DAW layer)
- Full DAW transport control – Punch-friendly controls and navigation wheel
Mixing and Monitoring
Alongside its integration of your analogue and digital equipment, Matrix is a first-class SSL mixer drawing on our 30 years of analogue console design. The essential functions of recording and mixing; routing, level measurement and monitoring are organised and arranged to make everything available at your fingertips to streamline the entire recording and mixing process.
Matrix analogue architecture provides 32 channel inputs (each of the 16 channel strips has main and alt inputs). Each of the 16 channels has a direct output designed to be used primarily as a DAW record output. There are two Stereo Mix Busses and four Stereo Aux Returns with full stereo mix bus routing bring the total available inputs to mix to 40.
Powerful monitoring is a central feature of Matrix with independent Main and Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection and three External Monitor inputs with source summing.
- 16 SuperAnalogue channels – Each with two inputs per channel, a dedicated Channel Output, Stereo Aux Send and four mono Aux Sends
- DAW automation control of Matrix – Motorised fader automation from your DAW via MIDI
- Dual Stereo Mix Busses – With summing inserts and reassign
- 4 Stereo Returns – With full stereo mix bus routing
- DAW Monitor mode – Allows ‘zero-latency’ monitoring/recording
- Stereo or 5.1. monitoring – With Main and Mini Outputs
- Artist Monitor section – With independent EQ
- 3 External Monitor inputs – With source summing
- iJack monitor input – 3.5mm stereo front panel monitor input