SSL SDI Embedder/DE-Embedder Bridge to Dante IP Audio Network
Superior SSL technology and sound for Dante IP Audio Networks
SSL Network I/O is a range of I/O devices which bring SSL’s renowned quality and innovation to Dante based IP Audio networks. SSL SDI Embedder/DE-Embedder Bridge to Dante IP Audio Networking provides a hugely versatile solution for environments where audio assets are shared by multiple users across multiple recording areas and control rooms. Dante is a commercially developed IP Audio network protocol. It uses standard IT infrastructure (Ethernet cables, connections and network routers & switches) for audio transport, routing, device discovery and control. With more than 350 Dante enabled products by more than 150 different manufacturers already released, Dante is considered by many to already be the established industry choice for the use of IP networks for audio distribution. IP audio networking offers a fresh approach to audio routing and asset sharing for audio production with a wide range of benefits:
– High Channel Counts: 512ch @ 48kHz (256 @ 96kHz) on a single 1GB connection
– Guaranteed Interoperability: plug & play discoverability of more than 350 devices from over 150 different manufacturers – and growing
– Remote Device Control: parameters configured anywhere on the network
– Reduced Cost: standard low cost IT hardware, standard and/or existing Cat 5 or Cat 6 cabling with audio and control on the same network down a single cable
– Simplified Interconnectivity: Ethernet/IP connectivity simplifies interfacing with a wide range of devices including Intercoms
– Flexible Scalability: systems can grow as your needs evolve. Want a bigger network? Add another switch!
– Full Network Redundancy: technology tried and tested across many industries and fully compatible with all network redundancy models
– Distributed Routing Control: routing control from unlimited devices or terminals
– Absolute Resilience: catastrophic failure of a single device will have no effect on any other devices in the network
– Standards compliant: IEEE and IETF compliant thus deployable on and can mix with traffic on any standard IP infrastructure.
– With Dante committed to conform with AVB standards and with AES67, the SSL Network I/O range is ready for future networked audio.
The SSL Network I/O range was developed initially for use in broadcast installations. There is a wealth of detailed information about IP Audio Networking and Dante in our extensive white Paper: IP Audio Networking. Professional AoIP for Broadcast – The Way Forward. If you are new to IP Audio and/or multi-space audio routing and distribution it is essential reading.
SSL SDI embedder/de-embedder bridge to Dante IP Audio Network and MADI
Professional Broadcast, Post and multi-purpose audio visual installations use the SDI format within video routing infrastructure. SDI has multi-channel audio embedding capability. The SSL Network I/O: SDI provides bidirectional bridging between three formats simultaneously; Embedded SDI Audio, Dante IP Audio Networks and MADI. It has eight SDI circuits, each capable of Embedding and De-Embedding, and the unit has dual Dante and triple MADI connectivity (2 x optical, 1 x coax I/O). In addition to SDI-Dante bridging SDI allows direct bridging between SDI and MADI infrastructure. Internal channel-by-channel routing enables flexible routing between all three domains. As you would expect redundant PSUs provide reassurance in a 24hr fully redundant environment.
– Interface between Embedded SDI audio, Dante and MADI
– Eight 3G-SDI paths with embedders and de-embedders for 16 audio channels
– Redundant: PSU, MADI ports, Dante Ports = Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
– 2 x optical and 1 x coax MADI I/O
– Internal channel-by-channel routing for all audio paths
– AES Connectivity
– SRC on the Audio path to and from SDI
To learn more about Solid State Logic, Click Here