SSL Standalone High-Specification Madi to IP Audio Network Interface
Superior SSL technology and sound for Dante IP Audio Networks
SSL Network I/O is a range of I/O devices which bring SSL’s renowned quality and innovation to Dante based IP Audio networks. SSL Standalone High-Specification Madi to IP Audio Network Interface provides a hugely versatile solution for environments where audio assets are shared by multiple users across multiple recording areas and control rooms. Dante is a commercially developed IP Audio network protocol. It uses standard IT infrastructure (Ethernet cables, connections and network routers & switches) for audio transport, routing, device discovery and control. With more than 350 Dante enabled products by more than 150 different manufacturers already released, Dante is considered by many to already be the established industry choice for the use of IP networks for audio distribution. IP audio networking offers a fresh approach to audio routing and asset sharing for audio production with a wide range of benefits:
– High Channel Counts: 512ch @ 48kHz (256 @ 96kHz) on a single 1GB connection
– Guaranteed Interoperability: plug & play discoverability of more than 350 devices from over 150 different manufacturers – and growing
– Remote Device Control: parameters configured anywhere on the network
– Reduced Cost: standard low cost IT hardware, standard and/or existing Cat 5 or Cat 6 cabling with audio and control on the same network down a single cable
– Simplified Interconnectivity: Ethernet/IP connectivity simplifies interfacing with a wide range of devices including Intercoms
– Flexible Scalability: systems can grow as your needs evolve. Want a bigger network? Add another switch!
– Full Network Redundancy: technology tried and tested across many industries and fully compatible with all network redundancy models
– Distributed Routing Control: routing control from unlimited devices or terminals
– Absolute Resilience: catastrophic failure of a single device will have no effect on any other devices in the network
– Standards compliant: IEEE and IETF compliant thus deployable on and can mix with traffic on any standard IP infrastructure.
– With Dante committed to conform with AVB standards and with AES67, the SSL Standalone High-Specification Madi to IP Audio Network Interface range is ready for future networked audio.
The SSL Standalone High-Specification Madi to IP Audio Network Interface range was developed initially for use in broadcast installations. There is a wealth of detailed information about IP Audio Networking and Dante in our extensive white Paper: IP Audio Networking. Professional AoIP for Broadcast – The Way Forward. If you are new to IP Audio and/or multi-space audio routing and distribution it is essential reading.
Standalone High Specification MADI to IP Audio Network Interface
The SSL Standalone High-Specification Madi to IP Audio Network Interface: MADI-Bridge is a broadcast specification bridge between the industry standard MADI audio format and IP audio network’s using Dante. The MADI-Bridge enables SSL consoles or any other standard MADI device to connect to Dante based IP Audio networks with full redundancy maintained.
Redundant PSU, MADI ports and IP Network ports mean the Bridge is built for uninterrupted operation, keeping critical devices and audio paths functioning throughout the facility. In addition to the inbuilt clock redundancy options in Dante controller, the MADI-Bridge also includes a pair of redundant sync inputs for use as a self-redundant Dante Grand master clock. 32bit MADI control tunnelling allows a pair of MADI-Bridges to be used to pass audio and user bits of a whole MADI stream across a network. Remote locating existing MADI Mics or increasing cost efficiency of an existing fibre cable beyond a single MADI stream is now a simple task. The Bridge also features Bidirectional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz. Intended for use with Dante controller and third party Dante products, the MADI-Bridge shows commitment to interoperability while understanding critical needs.
The SSL MADI-Bridge features a front panel headphone socket (with rotary level control) and inbuilt headphone monitor routing, to truly replace traditional patch bay confidence routing and fault finding functionality with equivalents in the IP Audio domain. Simple font panel controls facilitate routing mono or stereo paths from MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In or Dante Out directly to the headphones. A front panel LCD screen provides signal present metering selectable to show four points in the signal chain: MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In and Dante Out. GPIO connections allow for transfer of tally info and switching functions across the network with the Audio.
– Interface between MADI and IP Audio Networks using Dante
– Redundant: PSU, MADI ports, Dante Ports, Sync In – Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
– Bidirectional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz.
– 32bit MADI control tunnelling
– GPIO connectivity – embed tallies across the network
– Redundant Network extension ports – Local IO at bridge without a switch
– Word Clock out – Clock a MADI device to the Dante Network
– Virtual Headphone Patch- 4 location Monitoring and Signal Present Metering to truly replace your patch bay with a digital network while retaining confidence and fault finding tools
– Lockout Mode – Prevent accidental alteration of front panel settings
To learn more about Solid State Logic, Click Here