SSL X-Logic G Series Stereo Buss Compressor
G Series Compressor
This is the iU rack mounting version of the SSL G Sereies console master bus compressor. It utilises the classic SSL G Series centre compressor design elements within a SuperAnalogue design topology. This brings the dual benefits of spectacular audio performance with a universally acclaimed compressor characteristic.
– Legendary SSL G Series stereo bus compressor
– Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic SSL console range
– External side chain source select
– Auto fade with rate control automatic linear fade in/out control
– Remote connector for remote operation of the auto fade function
The Evolution of a Classic
– The SL 4000 console was the first console to incorporate dynamics processing in every channel and a master compressor in the console centre section.
– The ability to ‘patch’ into the SL 4000’s centre compressor, and also control its sidechain from an internal sub-mix, allowed engineers to discover the amazing unique qualities of this compressor for use on instruments like piano and drums, as well as its classic mix finalising capabilities. This versatility created the demand for a rack mount equivalent and a legendary piece of outboard gear was born.
– The XLogic G Series Compressor is the latest version of the compressor and it uses the same classic twin VCA design as its console counterpart. Combined with improved input and output circuitry, this new unit provides improved audio performance, while retaining the dynamics characteristics that have provided numerous hit mixes for the world’s best audio engineers.
The Sound of Success
– The Solid State Logic SL 4000 G Series is the world’s most successful studio production console. Its reputation is built upon SSL’s design excellence, advanced electronic engineering and a sound quality that has produced hundreds of best selling recordings.
– A key element in the sound of many of these recordings is punch and drive of the mixes created by the classic G-Series centre section compressor.
The G Series Compressor has a great reputation. Many engineers feel that this one piece of equipment makes a mix, “ . . . sound like a record.” SSL has been refining this popular bus compressor since its introduction in the SL 4000 console. This incarnation has improved sonics, but retains the external side-chain, and the smoothest auto-fade known to man.