SSL X-Rack Mic Pre Module
Build the perfect SSL. 4U
Using identical circuit design and manufacturing to our Duality and AWS consoles, X-Rack is a modular rack system with Total Recall that delivers the classic SSL sound in a uniquely versatile form. Each X-Rack chassis holds up to eight modules in any configuration and there are a wide variety of modules on offer.
You could build a stunning SuperAnalogue front end for your recording system, with two different flavours of mic pre (SuperAnalogue and VHD), EQ, transparent dynamics and a powerful master section. Or create an SSL summing mixer with an ultra-pure analogue mix buss, using two different line input modules to achieve high channel counts or combine additional sources during mixdown to the legendary Stereo Bus Compressor. X-Rack delivers the very highest quality analogue recording and summing path and is the perfect configurable solution for studio or live applications.
The X-Rack chassis is a 4U 19″ rack housing with a premium grade power supply, MIDI IN/OUT connections and a Mix Bus Link port that enables two X-Racks to be cascaded. The chassis also houses the Total Recall system with onboard capacity to store 32 system snapshots (the snapshots can also be stored as MIDI SysEX).
X-Rack Mic Amp Module
Angelically pure and versatile input section with a choice of three separate input amplifiers; Mic amp, front panel Instrument input or Line input. Designed for transparency and versatility with a set of High and Low Pass Filters, phase reverse and everything you need from a very classy workhorse.
– Electronically balanced ultra high bandwidth input with -5dB to +75dB gain control & Pad switch
– Continuously Variable input impedance control (1.2kOhm to 10kOhm) can accommodate signals from instruments or be adjusted to suit a wide range of microphones
– Phase Reverse & Phantom Power
– Dedicated Additional XLR Line Input
– Front panel instrument input with ground lift switch
– Independently switched 12dB/Octave HF (Low-Pass) Filter
– Independently switched 18dB/Octave LF (High-Pass) Filter
– Independent routing to L & R Record bus