STUDER C37 One Inch Two Track Tube Analog Recorder
Originally issued in 1961 this Studer C37 1/4 inch two track recorder was customized and restored to 1″ by EAR. The motors operate at 15/30 IPS. The Custom Flight Case is included. The sound of these early Studers were the standard at Abbey Road, and with the 1″ conversion the bandwidth and headroom is greatly increased while still retaining the machines unique vintage character.
Some of the projects that were mastered on this machine:
Michael Jackson 12” single: Give In To Me
Walter Rose: Cast Your Stone
Lucinda Williams album: Blessed
David Baerwald: Triage
Sheryl Crow: Tuesday Night Music Club (her first release, the one that everybody bought)
Kevin Gilbert: Thud
Buena Vista Social Club at Carnegie Hall
Jerry Lee Lewis: Mean Old Man (rented by Jim Keltner)
Lucinda Williams: Little Honey and one other
Rich Costey used it for a project
Rick Rubin employed it for a year!
Dimensions: 25.8″W x 20.7″D x 17.5″H. Weight: 190 lbs. without flight case.
- EAR/Yoshino Studer C37 1 Inch 2 Track. 220V/60Hz (Run it from a step up transformer in North America). Conversion by Tim de Paravicini mid-year 1991.
- Unit is in EXCELLENT condition, shows minor wear and tear.
- Unit is in EXCELLENT working condition and sounds great.
- Inspected and tested by an experienced pro audio technician July 2018.
- Heads are in EXCELLENT condition.
- Includes Flight Case.
- Includes Take Up Reel.