TC Electronics Mastering 6000 Processor Unit
MASTERING 6000 is a legacy product, having served in thousands of high-profiled mastering studios since 1999. Over the years, new mastering algorithms have been introduced, but with the latest incarnation of MASTERING 6000 a whole new chapter has been written.
MASTERING 6000 simply comes with more pristine tools under the hood than ever before.
Tailored entirely for mastering, you will not find a more complete high-end mastering solution anywhere.
- Tailored for Mastering
A Complete Suite of Tools for Those All-important Mastering Sessions
- Give Your Master Track A Treat
Extremely Flexible and Musical Dynamics Control. Loudness Metering, Upconversion and Hi-res EQ
- System 6000 MKII Platform
The Audio Backbone of Thousands of Music and Film Studios Around the World
Tailored for Mastering
As the name implies, MASTERING 6000 is all about audio mastering.
Starting in the 80’s, we pioneered the field of digital audio and later we did the same regarding perceived loudness. Since then, we have provided the pro audio and broadcast markets with state-of-the-art tools.
With MASTERING 6000 we have collected all of the tools we know the world’s most respected mastering engineers use with System 6000. In other words, it has become even easier for you to find the right combination of tools for this legendary platform. We have simply gathered and pre-installed the full package so the system is ready to perform right out of the box.
Treat Your Master Track
MASTERING 6000 includes the finest stereo and multichannel dynamics tools known to audio: MDX 5.1, MD 5.1, MD3 and MD4. All of these algorithms work with multiple bands of dynamics control, and as a final safety net, you also get the legendary Brickwall 2 Limiter.
EQ is also essential in mastering, so we have added EQ 5.1 and the amazing MDW Hires EQ by George Massenburg Labs. To meet loudness delivery specs for broadcast, you also get the LM6 Loudness Radar Meter, and if you need to deliver in 5.1 surround, UnWrap HD lets you upconvert a stereo signal into a convincing 5.1 surround version.
Finally, you will get Matrix 88, Varipitch 8 and Tolbox 5.1 for your surround mastering sessions.
The hardware platform of MASTERING 6000 has been tested intensively in the most demanding production environments since 1999. You will find System 6000 in literally thousands of world-leading mastering, recording, film and post studios all over the world, and in quite a few OB vans and broadcast production studios as well. The platform has won no less than three of the prestigious TEC Awards over the years. In 2000 for the original System 6000, in 2005 for MASTERING 6000 and in 2010 for System 6000 MKII.
Mastering 6000 Tools
The latest incarnation of MASTERING 6000 comes with all of the algorithms that was included with the original version – Multichannel as well as Stereo tools. On top of that, you get a lot of additional algorithms that are invaluable in mastering, including UnWrap HD, our LM6 Loudness Radar Meter and the state-of-the-art MDW EQ by George Massenburg Labs and more.
Below, you will find a complete list of the tools included with MASTERING 6000.
Use multichannel presets as templates for 5.1 limiting, optimization, DVD mastering and film to DVD transfers. Our presets are great starting points for Time Alignment, Bass Management and Downmix functions meeting international standards.
Compressor, Expander and Limiter for multichannel signals in one algorithm. Extensive linking and priority parameters enable you to control your processing with precision.
Support your surround productions with a palette of various Level, Test, Bass Management and Downmix tools.
High-resolution dynamics processor for multichannel signals. This algorithm gives you a sophisticated approach to dynamic range control.
Six mono channels of 4-band fully parametric EQ. Use this analog-sounding effect alone or in conjunction with other algorithms.
Our three stereo mastering algorithms are the absolute high-end tools for Multiband Compression, EQ, Expanding, Normalizing, and Brickwall Limiting. The result: nothing less than a flawless sound for every end listener.
Advanced, high-resolution, multiband dynamics algorithm that includes the innovative DXP mode, allowing you to lift up low-level detail individually in each band.
This high-resolution, multiband dynamics processor has been the industry standard for more than a decade. It will split your audio into individual frequency bands before expanding and compressing.
Brickwall Limiter 2
The ultimate True-peak protection of your signal without sacrificing loudness. We’ve designed this processor to show if a signal is contaminated with 0dBFS peaks – and to remove them.
Digital 8-Channel Mixer. Achieve maximum resolution with the intelligent limiter, advanced digital summing mixer, accurate delays and bit pattern transparency.
Additional Mastering 6000 Tools
On top of the dedicated Mastering tools, you also get the essential UnWrap HD algorithm for turning stereo into surround and the finest loudness meter on the market – our LM6 Loudness Radar Meter. Plus the pristine MDW EQ by George Massenburg Labs and VariPitch8.
Our UnWrap HD algorithm is the go to upconverter for film and mastering professionals. The sheer sound quality you achieve during upconversion is unrivalled and can be heard in countless cinema movies and music tracks.
Complete loudness overview at a glance, including Loudness History, Momentary Loudness, True Peak Level and universal descriptors that can show e.g. Program Loudness, Loudness Range.
MDW HiRes EQ
There can be absolutely no doubt that George Massenburg has a great sense of audio, and the MDW® HiRes EQ has been developed strictly to his personal specifications. As the MDW® design complements the TC Electronic EQ alternatives, you simply get the opportunity to choose between several desirable EQ flavors, each with their own specific advantages.
High-quality pitch change, chorus and double tracking. Quite simply the best, most unobtrusive pitch control device you will ever find.
Expand With Even More Tools
Apart from the wealth of included algorithms listed above, you can add even more worldclass audio tools.
No matter what your main area of production is, you might find optional tools that will fit into your workflow.
System 6000 Integrator
System 6000 Integrator is an audio & video software integration plug-in. In short, it allows you to integrate pristine TC processing with your DAW or NLE. Simply save and reload the complete settings of your System 6000 as part of your project.
Total Control with the TC ICON Remote
We know you’ll love working with our intuitive and innovative TC ICON Remote. We’ve even included the remote as software so you can also run it on your Mac or PC.
- Incredibly Fast Touch Screen and Faders Response
- Intuitive and User-friendly Interface
- Controls Even More TC Studio and Broadcast Units with Dual Ethernet and Dual USB Ports
- Integrate Multiple Mainframes and TC ICONS/Editors Into Your Network
Your TC Icon display gives you an astonishingly fast and flexible way to connect your 16 physical I/Os to your 32 Internal Engine I/Os.
- Visual overview of all I/O connections
- Run all I/Os simultaneously – at 96 kHz
- Parallel and Serial Routing of Engine I/Os
- Output various standards of 5.1 channels with ease
- Physical inputs feed several Engines simultaneously
- Mix Engine outputs on Physical outputs
- Store Routings separately from processing settings
With the System 6000 MKII hardware platform, you’ll always have the best possible signal path for your sonic creations:
- Up to 16 Physical Input and 16 Output Channels
- All Channels Run up to 96kHz Sample Rate
- AES/EBU or Analog – or a Mix Between Them
- State of the Art AD/DA Converter Cards (ADA24/96)
- The Potential to Configure a Total of 6 AD/DA Converter Channels
Your System 6000 MKII always includes a Mainframe with 8 channels AES/EBU I/O, the TC Icon Remote as hardware as well as software for Mac and PC. But we want to you to know that you have even more options:
Two-Channel Analog Reference Quality I/O Module
Up to three of these ADA2496 cards can be fitted into one Mainframe, giving a total of six analog reference quality I/Os.
Additional 8 AES/EBU I/O Channels Card
System 6000 MKII is born with 8 channels of AES/EBU and one additional AES/EBU-8 card can be inserted into the Mainframe. The I/O connector is a 25-pin D Sub type and we’ve provided a D-Sub to XLR connector snake with the card.
500 Scene, 500 Routing and 1000 Engine User Present Locations
Our 1 MB PCMCIA Card gets you direct access to these from the library pages on the Icon Control.
A standard four-port Ethernet HUB that you can use to set up networks for multiple mainframes, TC Icon remotes and computers using Mac or PC-editors.
Keeping track of the multitude of issues around loudness can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve created a one-stop dedicated loudness website where you’ll find critical information on the most important issues.
The site is an answer to the highly relevant question: “What Is Loudness, and Why Is It Important?”
Triple TEC Award Winner
Our System 6000 platform has been praised right from the start. Not only by the pro audio press, but also by the TEC Foundation.
After the introduction of the original System 6000, the platform received its first TEC Award in 2000. Five years later, Mastering 6000, won another TEC Award. Finally, we received a third TEC award for the MKII version in 2010.
We are proud and honored, but we don’t rest on our laurels. We stand comitted to continuously refine the platform by developing new state-of-the-art tools and software.
System 6000 has stayed ahead of the curve for more than a decade, and we intend to keep things that way!
- Ultimate mastering processor offers a full mastering-tailored suite of high-end utilities on a tough, industry-proven hardware platform
- Special SYSTEM 6000 MKII version provides a complete pre-installed set of tools for mastering, including useful presets and some of the finest dynamic tools known to audio
- Core hardware platform has been heavily tested in the most demanding production environments since 1999 and is used by thousands of leading studios around the globe
- Powerful multichannel algorithms from the original MASTERING 6000 give sophisticated and precise audio control
- Exceptional stereo mastering tools for multiband compression, EQ, expanding, normalizing, and Brickwall Limiting let you achieve a flawless sound
- UNWRAP HD algorithm delivers unparalleled 5.1 content from stereo sources and is the de facto industry standard for high-resolution upconversion processing
- Detailed LM6 loudness radar meter gives you a complete loudness landscape overview of your audio at a glance
- MDW* HiRES EQ with pristine 48-bit signal path complements TC ELECTRONIC EQ, allowing flexibility to achieve the precise sound you are seeking
- Additional staple technologies on board, including an advanced precision summing mixer, unobtrusive pitch control, and surround production support
- Expandable with a huge range of optional algorithm tools to let you further customize your setup to your unique production requirements
- SYSTEM 6000 INTEGRATOR AAX*, AU* and VST* remote control plug-in lets you integrate pristine TC ELECTRONIC processing with your DAW or NLE
- Intuitive ICON remote hardware interface with touch screen and motorized sliders makes it enchantingly easy to navigate audio options, and free ICON control software for PC or Mac* provides in-depth control remotely
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
To learn more about TC Electronic, Click Here