Lynx Aurora 8 I/O D/A and A/D Converter
8 Channel AD/DA Converter 24-Bit
The Lynx Aurora 8 I/O D/A and A/D Converter is an 8 channel AD/DA device in a single rack space. It supports up to 192k, and has word clock I/O stabilized with Lynx SynchroLock technology. The converters sound especially good, and the Aurora can be directly connected to your DAW via ADAT, FireWire, or Pro Tools HD, using an LT card in the available slot.
The Aurora line of digital audio converters from Lynx Studio Technology offers unprecedented audio quality and control in single-rack space eight and sixteen channel models. The Aurora 8™ and Aurora 16™ feature 192 kHz analog to digital and digital to analog conversion with front panel control of all routing and sample rate options. Extended functions in Aurora are accessible via computer with the Lynx AES16 or by infrared using compatible laptops and handheld Pocket PCs. The rear panel has Clock and MIDI In and Out connectors and an LSlot bay, for the optional use of ADAT and other audio interfaces.
- Simultaneous 8 Channel Analog I/O and 8 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- LSlot™ Expansion Slot for ADAT® and Future Interface Options
- On-board Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock™ Jitter Reduction Technology
Aurora 16 and Aurora 8 are 16 and 8 channel 24-bit/192 kHz analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog converters in a single-space rack-mount case. Representing Lynx Studio Technology’s first rack-mount product, Aurora was developed using the next generation of Lynx acclaimed conversion technology and rock-solid digital interface circuitry. Both units are identical in features and specifications except for the number of I/O channels.
Aurora provides professional I/O interfaces for ease of installation in most studios and live sound applications. The analog I/O is electronically balanced and supports both +4dBU and –10dBV nominal levels. The AES digital I/O is transformer coupled and is capable of driving 500 feet of cable at 192kHz. Both dual and single-wire AES channel modes are supported.
Aurora’s ergonomically designed front panel provides easy access to important controls and signal status. Unique to this product class, Aurora also offers extensive remote control capability. All front panel features as well as other low-level options can be controlled from the Lynx AES16 digital interface card on Windows and Macintosh platforms; a Pocket PC or laptop via infrared; MIDI; or an LSlot interface card. Multiple remote set-up configurations can be stored and recalled.
The on-board 32-channel digital mixer provides extensive routing and mixing options. Acting as a powerful patch bay style digital router, Aurora can easily route signals between analog and digital inputs on a channel-by-channel basis. Mixing capability on each output also provides flexible zero latency monitoring.
The LSlot expansion port accepts cards that provide compatibility with current and emerging digital interface standards, including ADAT and others.
Lynx’s proprietary SynchroLock™ jitter reduction technology, from the AES16, is also included. This exclusive feature provides extreme jitter reduction of up to 3000:1, allowing Aurora to output an extremely clean clock output for driving the digital audio system.
All analog and digital connections use DB25 connectors with industry standard pin-outs which are compatible with off-the-shelf cables Lynx as well as from manufacturers such as Mogami, ProCo, Hosa and others.
Lynx Aurora 8 Specifications :
* AC Power: 115VAC, 70W
* Size 1.75"H x 19"W x 9"D
* Certifications: CE and FCC Class B EMI, CE product safety
* 8 inputs and 8 outputs
* Type: Electronically balanced or unbalanced
* Level: +4 dBu nominal/+20 dBu max. or -10 dBV nominal/+6 dBV max.
* Input impedance Balanced mode: 24 Ohms
* Unbalanced mode: 12 Ohms
* Output Impedance Balanced mode: 100 Ohms
* Unbalanced mode: 50 Ohms
* Output drive: 600 Ohm impedance, 0.2 æF capacitance
* A/D and D/A Type: 24-bit multilevel, delta-sigma
Analog In Performance:
* Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.1dB
* Dynamic range: 117dB, A-weighted
* Channel crosstalk: -120 dB maximum, 1kHz signal, -1 dBFS
* THD + N: -108dB (0.0004%) @ -1 DBFS, -104dB (0.0006%) @ -6 DBFS, 1kHz signal, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW
Analog Out Performance:
* Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.1dB
* Dynamic range 117 dB, A-weighted
* Channel crosstalk -120 dB max., 1kHz signal, -1 dBFS
* THD + N: -107dB (0.00045%) @ -1 DBFS, -106dB (0.00050%) @ -6 DBFS, 1kHz signal, 22Hz - 22kHz BW
* Number/Type: 8 inputs and 8 outputs, 24-bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
* Channels: 8 in/out in single-wire mode, 4 in/out in dual-wire mode
* Sample rates: all standard rates and variable rates up to 192kHz in both single-wire and dual-wire modes
Onboard digital mixer (via AES16):
* Type: Hardware-based, low latency
* Routing: Ability to route any input to any or multiple outputs
* Mixing: Up to four input or playback signals mixed to any output, 40-bit precision
* Status" Peak levels to -114dB on all inputs and outputs
* Digital I/O Ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors
* Port A: channels 1-8 I/O
* Yamaha pinout standard
* Analog I/O Ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors.
* Analog In 1-8
* Analog Out 1-8
* Tascam pinout standard
External Clock: 75-Ohm BNC word clock input and output
* MIDI: One input and one output, standard opto-isolated, 5-pin female DIN connectors
Remote Control Options:
* Function: Controls all I/O, levels, monitoring, routing, and setting recall
* Method: AES16—with PC or Macintosh
* IrDA—For compatible pocket PCs and laptops
* MIDI—Selected MIDI devices
LSlot Expansion Port:
* Compatibility: supports Lynx LSlot expansion cards
* Channels: Up to 16 input and 16 output simultaneously at up to 192kHz sample rate