Adam Audio SUB12 Active Studio Subwoofer
The Sub12 is a powerful subwoofer designed to extend the low frequency capabilities of any near or midfield monitoring system down to 22 Hz.
A sturdy special woofer with extended cone travel and a heavy-duty coil have been optimized for accurate reproduction from a bass reflex enclosure. The down-firing bass reflex tube avoids intrusive ventilation noise because of its generous size and shape. The PWM amplifier produces over 90% efficiency and can handle critical passages without overheating for long periods of time. An additional output allows you to cascade as many subwoofers as needed.
The Sub12 subwoofer provides a precise combination of low cutoff frequency (-3dB at 22Hz) and an undistorted high sound pressure level (115dB SPL at 1m).
Bass reproduction down to 22 Hz
- Ideal addition to nearfield and midfield monitors
Maximum Peak sound pressure in 1 m ≥ 115 dB
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
High efficiency PWM amplifier
- Low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
Special 12″ woofer with paper diaphragm
- Unrestricted bass reproduction for low-fatigue operation even at high volumes
Easy manual or automatic (de-)activation
- If desired, monitoring is possible without the low frequencies
Additional sub output
- Allows building a (double) bass array
According to downward working bass reflex tube with generous dimensions and corresponding rounding
- Prevention of air turbulence noise
Crossover frequency is selectable between 50 – 150 Hz
- Allows optimal adaptation of the total system on the bass performance of the satellites
Connectable high-pass filter for the satellite outputs, which blocks signals below 85 Hz
- Dolby- Fair reproduction of film sound
- Discharging the satellites from the low frequencies
To learn more about Adam Audio, Click Here