The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II – Thunderbolt is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), intuitive touchscreen display and optional world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering, Symphony I/O Mk II is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio.
The Symphony I/O Mk II Thunderbolt is the most powerful multi-channel audio interface for Thunderbolt-based Mac workstations. Designed for the home or professional studio running Logic Pro X or any other native based DAW, this system offers your choice of 4 different base I/O configurations with the option to expand up to 32×32 simultaneous channels per unit while still maintaining incredibly low latency.
Input and Output Flexibility
There is a Symphony I/O Mk II solution for everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base I/O configurations, 2×6, 8×8, 16×16, or 8×8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O Mk II offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
Legendary Sound Quality
Apogee engineers have made it their passion to improve every new flagship product by using the latest in electrical components and designing optimized circuitry that often exceeds the expectations of the component manufacturer. This is the Apogee Advantage. Symphony I/O Mk II is the culmination of this 30 year commitment and raises the bar on all Apogee products before it with even better audio clarity and sonic transparency. In fact, when equipped with either the new 8×8 or 16×16 Mk II I/O modules, Symphony I/O Mk II outperforms all other multi-channel audio interfaces available for Pro Tools HD or Thunderbolt based systems, making it the flagship audio interface for the entire professional audio industry and the obvious choice for countless GRAMMY winning artists, producers, songwriters and engineers.
2×6 Analog I/O 8×8 Optical AES I/O 2-Ch S/PDI – $2495
8×8 Analog I/O and 8×8 AES/Optical I/O – $3295
16×16 Analog I/O and 2×2 S/PDIF I/O – $4295
8×8 Analog I/O, 8×8 AES/Optical I/O, and 8 Mic Preamps – $4690
Analog to Digital:
- THD+N: -115dB @ 22dBu (0.00020%) unweighted
- Dynamic range: 122dB A weighted
- Maximum input levels:
- +4dB setting: +24dBu
- -10dB setting: +6dBV
- Frequency response at 44.1kHz: 1-20,000 Hz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Input impedance: 10K
Digital to Analog:
- THD+N: -119dB @ 21dBu (0.00014%) unweighted
- Dynamic Range: 126dB A weighted
- Max output levels – ∞ to +24dBu
- Frequency response at 44.1 kHz: dc to 20kHz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Output impedance: 25 Ohm
- Outputs are balanced through Apogee’s proprietary Perfect Symmetry Circuitry (PSC)
- 1 stereo 1/4″ headphone output on front panel
- -110dB @19dBu into 600 Ohm (=80mW)
- -101dB @14dBu into 32 Ohm (=470mW)
- Dynamic Range: 121db A weighted
- Output: Apogee’s proprietary Constant Current Drive™ provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- 90-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 150W
- Mac OS only 10.9.5 and above
- Logic Pro or any Core Audio compatible application on Mac OS X