The F6 Modular I/O Frame is the basic building block of Aviom’s innovative and versatile AllFrame Multi-Modular I/O System. The F6 holds up to six AllFrame audio I/O cards and can be reconfigured by the user by changing cards as needed.
AllFrame offers a range of mounting options; it’s equally at home being used for a stage I/O box as part of a digital snake, or mounted to the wall as a permanent part of the wiring infrastructure in a theater’s audio network installation.
The F6 is compatible with all Pro64 Series products which can be combined to easily fit into a wide range of audio distribution applications, both large and small.
By utilizing the F6 and AllFrame Multi-Modular I/O System and digitizing the signals at the wall or floor connection panel eliminates the need for multiple large conduit runs filled with analog wire, as well as the labor associated with dressing, terminating, and testing analog connections.
As part of the AllFrame Multi-Modular I/O System, the F6 can be integrated into a system in a number of ways. Installed in the SK6 Stage Kit, the AllFrame becomes a heavy-duty stage box suitable for live sound reinforcement applications. When housed in a standard NEMA Type 1 enclosure (a minimum size of 12 x 14 x 4 inches is suggested), along with other A/V and electrical services required for an installation, the F6 can be mounted on or in the wall, in standard 16″-centers studded walls, and dressed with custom plates as desired. Using the optional RK6 Rack Mount Kit, the F6 can also be mounted front- or rear-facing in a standard 19″ rack (6U required).
Analog and Digital I/O
The F6 can be outfitted with up to six I/O cards, for a maximum of 24 in and 24 out. Available cards include the C4m Mic/Line Input Card, the C4o Analog Output Card, and the C4dio AES3 Digital I/O Card.
The I/O cards can be installed, rearranged, and configured by the user, allowing the F6 to adapt easily to a changing audio environment.
Connecting the F6 to the Pro64 network requires only an A-Net cable (Cat-5e/Cat-6 or fiber) and DC power (no power supply is included). Power may be provided via the Cat-5 cable, using an approved Power Over A-Net (PoA) power supply such as the POA80, or on the Euroblock or 4-pin XLR connector.
The F6 and its I/O cards are configured using the Pro64 Network Manager control application and can be used in conjunction with Aviom’s complete line of Pro64 audio networking products as well as Pro16 Series personal mixers, output modules, and network devices. Mic preamp channels can be remote controlled from the software application, from a Pro64 RCI/MCS combination, or from Yamaha devices using m-control.
Because Aviom’s Pro64 audio network offers unique advantages both in audio performance and in systemic flexibility, integrating the F6 into an installation is straightforward and free from compromise in audio fidelity. The Pro64 network supports any combination of parallel and serial connections without fidelity loss or directional limitations, so connection points can be placed wherever needed in a particular facility.
- Fully modular system: select the I/O complement and form factor that’s best for your application
- Fully field-configurable
- Up to six I/O cards per frame
- Accessory kits for wall-mounting, rack-mounting, and on-stage use
- Simple Cat-5e or fiber connections to the Pro64 network
- Up to 24 inputs
- Up to 24 outputs
- (Maximum: 24×24)
I/O Card Slots
- 6; User configurable
- 2 EtherCon RJ45 connectors
- 2 100Mbps Ethernet SFP fiber optic transceiver slots
- (SFP transceivers sold separately)
A-Net I/O Ports
- 2 copper Cat-5e and 2 fiber; 4 total;
Maximum Simultaneously Usable A-Net Ports
- A maximum of two A-Net ports can be active at any time. Auto sensing scans the Cat-5 copper and SFP fiber ports at power up to determine which ports are to be made active. Any combination of Cat-5 and/or fiber can be used.
SFP Fiber Optic Transceiver Requirements
- 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet; Class 1 laser device
- SFP: use duplex LC connector
- Supports Single-mode or Multi-mode fiber
- Note: SFP fiber transceivers are not included and must be
- purchased separately.
A-Net Cable Length
- 400 feet (120 meters) Cat-5e between devices;
- Cat-6 cabling is suggested for best performance at long distances. Fiber optic distance performance varies according to the type of SFP transceivers used (single/multi) and the transceiver’s light-handling specifications.
- 1x: 39.7-52kHz;
- 2x: 79.4-104kHz;
- 24-bit resolution
Routing and Control
- Via computer using Pro64 Network Manager software;
- Mic preamp remote control from RCI/MCS or Yamaha devices using m-contol
– 1x USB; Type B connector
- Analog input to analog output: < 800µs
Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature
- 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- 3 ultra-quiet low-velocity fans;
- Thermal monitor circuitry provides warnings for fan failure or excessive temperature.
Voltage (measured at the input of the F6)
- 22-60VDC, inclusive of tolerance
Maximum Current (varies with input voltage) (voltage at the input of the F6)
- 1.08A @ 60V
- 1.16A @ 56V
- 1.35A @ 48V
- 1.41A @ 44V
- 2.70A @ 24V
- 2.95A @ 22V
Power Over A-Net (PoA) Requirements
- – Requires a Phihong POE80U-560G; a UL60950-1 Certified/Listed ITE power supply having a SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage) rated output voltage. Power Over A-Net (PoA) connects to A-Net port B only.
DC Power Requirements for Euroblock and XLR Connectors
- Requires a UL60950-1 Certified/Listed ITE power supply having a SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage) rated output voltage between 30 and 60V DC. To guarantee proper startup, this supply should be rated for at least 100 watts.
DC Power, Euroblock
- 2-pin Euroblock, 5mm
- Pin 1: (+) 30-60VDC; Pin 2 (-) Ground
DC Power, XLR
- 4-pin XLR
- Pin 1: Ground; Pin 2/3: no connect; Pin 4: 30-60VDC
- Capable of sourcing 5A of in-rush current for 5ms (0.1ms rise time)
- 2-pin Euroblock, 5mm
- Pin 3: (+) ; Pin 4 (-) Ground
- 2-pin Euroblock, 5mm
- Pin 5: (+) ; Pin 6 (-) Ground
Euroblock, Terminal Blocks #1-6
- Phoenix Contact part number 17 54 44 9
- 3 total;
- Size: 5mm; 2 contacts per unit;
I/O Module and Cover Plate Screws
- Type: Phillips Hex Washer Head
- Size: 4-40
- Length: 1/4-inch
- Use a #1 Phillips screwdriver or 3/16-inch hex nut driver
- 10.504 x 12.60 x 3.852 in.
- 269.24 x 320.04 x 97.79 mm
- Requires 6U space when using optional RK6 Rack Mount Kit.
- 14 pounds (6.35 kg)