Crane Song HEDD Quantum
Crane Song HEDD Quantum, short for Harmonically Enhanced Digital Device, is a technological break through in signal processing. It is engineered to provide musically pleasing sound with the capability of generating tube/analog sounds in the digital domain. HEDD gives any user who works with digital the ability to sound less digital and more analog.
- High-quality 24-bit A/D and D/A Converters
- 24-bit Processing
- Adjustable Triode, Pentode and Tape sounds
- Digital I/O, AES and S/PDIF
- External WC Sync Input and Output
- 22 Element VU Metering
- Analog Tape Compression
The front panel controls allow the user to select input source, sample rate, and continuously variable triode and pentode sounds. The HEDD can operate as an effects device or as separate A/D and D/A convertor with the harmonic generation process applied to either the A/D or D/A convertor.
The signal processor performs 24 Bit Processing on a digital or analog source.
- Quantum clocking is the same sub pico second jitter clocking that is used in the Avocet IIA DAC
- In HEDD Quantum, the sub ps jitter clocking is applied to both the AD and the DA. The result is very good imaging, a very open 3d sound, and very detailed transit response, it is very accurate.
- Optical in and out have been added, toslink
- HEDD Quantum as a master clock. There are 6 new WC outputs that allow HEDD Quantum to be used as a master clock at the same time that the AD and DA are being used.
- In addition to the new AD, DA, Clocking, I/O and WC outputs, HEDD Quantum still has the same great DSP emulation of Triode/Pentode tubes and Tape emulation.
- Operational modes allow the DA and the AD to be used at the same time, at different sample rates. In the DIGI setting, the unit will run digital in from one of three sources and output on all three digital outputs and the analog output at the same time. In the ANA mode, the input is analog and it outputs on all three digital outputs and the analog output at the same time.
- Dither, which is analog generated, is selectable for 16 or 20 bit
- The AD, DA and ASRC chips are the high end AKM 32 bit parts, coupled with proprietary analog filtering and clocking.
To learn more about Crane Song, Click Here