D.W. Fearn VT-2 Dual-Channel Microphone Preamplifier
VT-Series Microphone Preamplifiers have long been the weapon of choice for top artists, engineers, producers, and other audio professionals. Designed to deliver unparalleled performance in ultra high-fidelity tracking sessions, any microphone or sound source will benefit from the improved clarity, definition, and lack of solid-state artifacts that are the hallmarks of the VT-Series.
In designing the VT Series Microphone Preamp, no compromise in sonic quality, reliability, or ruggedness was permitted. Like the best tube equipment of the 1950s and ’60s, each VT preamp is hand-built on a heavy-gauge aluminum chassis, utilizing point-to-point wiring. Each and every vacuum tube is selected for minimum noise and microphonics, and to deliver maximum sonic clarity. The front panel switches control sealed, gold-contact precision relays for all audio switching, totally eliminating the possibility of dirty contacts degrading the sound quality while minimizing the internal audio path. Four class-A triode amplifier sections (in two tubes) in each channel comprise the entire active circuit. This elegantly simple circuit, expertly executed with top-quality components and careful design optimization, provides the sonic superiority that the VT-Series preamps have become known for.
New to the VT-2 is an integrated, switchable 43 dB pad, enabling it to be patched into the Master Buss during mixdown and mastering to provide D.W. Fearn’s unique sonic signature to the final mix or mastering process. The new design now makes the VT-2 a veritable triple threat, equally at home in recording, mixing, and mastering.
- All vacuum-tube design
- Lo-Z input position for superior performance with transformerless microphones
- Phase (polarity) reverse switch
- +48 volt phantom power (completely disconnected when off)
- Custom-design Jensen input and output transformers
- 20 dB input pad (switchable)
- True VU meters (amplifier isolated)
- All point-to-point audio wiring
- Gold input and output XLR connectors
- Polypropylene and polystyrene coupling capacitors
- All audio switching through gold-contact, sealed precision relays
- International operation on 100, 120, or 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- CE certified, RoHS-compliant
- +4 dBm output
- Conservatively rated precision components and rugged construction for stability and long life
To learn more about D.W. Fearn, Click Here