Digital audio facilities often require a number of clock sources, which are used to synchronise outboard processors to the system clock rate using external clock inputs. The Drawmer D-CLock is a dual input, twenty output word clock distributor with a 16 character blue LCD display providing a high accuracy reference measurement of the incoming sample rate. It uses a high stability TCXO (temperature compensated xtal oscillator) along with a microcontroller to measure the incoming sample rate to an accuracy of 2ppm and displays the information in three different formats, actual frequency (to one decimal place), nominal frequency +/- ppm error, or nominal frequency plus percentage of pull up or pull down.
It has both AES/EBU and BNC word clock inputs featuring a zero latency loopthrough output with switchable high impedance to maintain the correct level of the digital signal for onward distribution. Sixteen BNC clock outputs are situated on the rear panel with a further four BNC clock outputs on the front panel for quick patching to other digital devices
The wordclock outputs can be fed from the wordclock input at any sample rate between 32KHz and 768KHz or derived from an AES11 input or stripped from an AES3 audio signal at any sample rate between 32KHz and 192KHz. Using an audio signal to provide the clock means even products without a wordclock output, such as some analogue to digital converters, or one of the many mic pre-amplifiers with internal A/D conversion but no word clock output, can be the master wordclock source for the whole digital studio.
- 2 in x 20 out Clock Measurement and Distribution Amplifier
- 16 character blue LCD display providing a reference measurement of the incoming sample rate
- Measures incoming sample frequencies up to 768 kHz to an accuracy of 2ppm or 2 microseconds
- Display modes: ppm, ±ppm & % pull up/down for video users
- Inputs: BNC with zero latency, 33 Ohms impedance
- AES with with zero latency loopthrough
- Outputs: BNC loopthrough / AES loopthrough
- Universal voltage filtered mains power input
To learn more about Drawmer, Click Here