Earthworks SR30 30kHz Multi-use Directional Condenser Microphone
Precision engineered cardioid condenser designed for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums
– 150Hz – 30kHz flat frequency response
– Cardioid polar pattern
– Hypercardioid polar pattern
– Handles up to 139dB SPL without distortion
The Earthworks SR30 & SR30/HC is a multi-purpose cardioid condenser microphone designed for instrument miking in live performance and studio recording environments.
A natural performer, the SR30 & SR30/HC delivers a transparent, true to life sound no matter what the instrument.
Sonic timbre and frequency response stay uniform across the entire front of the microphone capsule, helping capture the true character of your instrument.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement and ensuring more gain before feedback. With 32dB of off-axis rejection, the SR30 & SR30/HC is ideally suited for capturing audio in highly ambient environments and near monitor speakers.
With a lighting fast transient response, the SR30 & SR30/HC handles sharp attacks with ease, while still capture all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. With an SPL rating of 139dB, the SR30 & SR30/HC delivers exceptional reproduction of without distortion.
Ideal for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums.
Earthworks directional microphones have patented near-perfect polar patterns. The sound across the entire front hemisphere is remarkably uniform and is flatter at 90 degrees than most microphones are on-axis. The SR Series have an incredible transparent sound quality, offering near-perfect polar response and high rejection of sounds at the rear of the microphone, resulting in less leakage and more gain before feedback.
Benefits for Live Perfomance
– High intelligibility
– More gain before feedback
– Near-perfect polar response
– Excellent off-axis rejection
– Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
– Wide pickup pattern, allowing performer to move about freely and still maintain pristine sound quality
– Far less sound in the microphone from your floor monitors
– Reliable performance
Earthworks directional microphones have patented near-perfect polar patterns. The sound across the entire front hemisphere is remarkably uniform and is flatter at 90 degrees than most microphones are on-axis. Our live performance microphones also have an incredible transparent sound quality, offering near-perfect polar response and high rejection of sounds at the rear of the microphone, resulting in less leakage and more gain before feedback.
With a maximum sound press level of 145dB SPL, you don’t have to worry about overloading the microphone with loud attacks or strong plosives. While the microphones are able to capture your performance with incredible nuance and precision, they are also built to withstand the rigors of the road.
SR30 Frequancy Response
SR30 Impulse Chart
– Extended frequency response to 30kHz
– Multi-purpose directional microphone
– More gain before feedback than other microphones
– Less leakage
– Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
– Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
– Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
– Transparent sound quality
– Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
– Acoustic Guitar
– Bass Amp
– Brass Instruments
– Drum Overhead
– Guitar Amp
– Kick Drum
– String Instruments
SR30 30kHz multi-purpose cardioid condenser microphone
SR30mp 30kHz multi-purpose cardioid condenser microphone – matched pair
SR30/HC 30kHz multi-purpose hypercardioid condenser microphone
SR30/HCmp 30kHz multi-purpose hypercardioid condenser microphone – matched pair
– Acoustic String Instruments
– Bass Amp
– Guitar Amp
– Live Vocals
– Studio Vocals
“I was really impressed with the wider and more uniform frequency response of the Earthworks mics and I love the fact that I don’t encounter phase cancellation issues when using multiple microphones together. These mics have excellent rear rejection characteristics, which eliminates unwanted sounds and they handle the fast attack transients of the drums beautifully.”
Carlos Novais, Sound Engineer