Focal Sub 12 Professional Subwoofer Speaker
For producers and sound engineers looking for deep sub-bass, here is the answer: Sub12. Made in France in Focal’s own workshops, this subwoofer delivers unrivalled articulation, impact and depth. Thanks to its 13″ (33cm) speaker driver with ‘W’-shaped cone and very high excursion, as well as its BASH amplifier with 600W RMS and 1000W peak-to-peak power, the sound reproduction is more impactful and faithful than ever.
In addition, there are optimised braces and a front vent inspired by Focal’s Trio11 monitors, as well as internal and external vents to reduce noise and distortion. At the back, a full set of bass controls can be used to perfectly adjust the settings for any system – low-pass, high-pass and variable phases – making Sub12 a truly remarkable professional tool.
Composite ‘W’ Sandwich Cone
The ‘W’ composite cone is made in France by Focal and allows the frequency response curve to be perfectly optimised. This cone’s unique characteristics of lightness and rigidity control the signal transmission speed within the material. The modulation of the structural foam’s thickness provides very precise control of the cone’s damping quality. When you’re listening, it creates total sound transparency, a very low distortion rate and an excellent phase response.
The rear controls on Sub12 include switches for polarity, +4dBu or -10dBv sensitivity, automatic standby bypass, input and Throughout LFE. Sub12 also has an input and output for a switch on the stand, for connecting the bypass for a single Sub12 or simultaneously across several Sub12 subwoofers.
- In addition to its large laminar vent eliminating noise and distortion, Sub12 is equipped with a disengageable automatic standby mode, and offers variable user controls for low-pass, high-pass and phase, allowing ultimate precision for obtaining the perfect studio sound
- Lastly, for greater practicality, large handles on the sides of the cabinet allow this product to be easily transported by two people
- Composite sandwich ‘W’-cone: sound neutrality, no distortion
- Large laminar port: no port noises or distortion
- Automatic disengageable stand-by mode
- Amplification: 600W RMS, 1000W peak
- Carry handle
To learn more about Focal Audio, Click Here