Lynx E22 PCI Express Card
The two analog, two digital PCI express card.
The E22 PCI Express card is designed to satisfy the most demanding professional recording and broadcast studio requirements. Built upon the legacy of the LynxL22 card, the E22 takes a leap forward to offer the highest performance A/D and D/A conversion system ever incorporated into a PCI Express card.
Since 1998, Lynx has provided high-reliability add-in cards engineered for 24/7 operation. The E series improves upon this tradition with upgraded enhancements for I/O protection and shielding.
The E22 is ideal for:
– Audio production. The E22 is the best sounding 2 channel PCIe card for DAW recording and playback.
– Broadcast applications requiring 24/7 flawless operation
– Capturing and archiving historic and classic material with extreme accuracy and transparency
– Audio playback. The E22’s pristine audio quality makes it ideal for the most demanding high-end hi-fi systems
– Audio measurement. As a precise audio instrument the E22 is exceptionally accurate and transparent
– Medical, military and industrial applications that require full audio spectrum capabilities and extreme reliability and precision
The E22 card utilizes sophisticated design methodologies to achieve high performance levels. Components are meticulously chosen to support low noise and distortion. Circuit topologies are compact and cancel external noise pickup. Capacitors with solid dielectrics provide high reliability and long life. Considerable effort is applied to PCB layout which focuses on component placement and routing of traces, as well as copious use of copper planes for shielding and power distribution.
The use of field-programmable-gate-arrays (FPGA) is another core technology pioneered for use in audio devices by Lynx. The E series uses the latest devices with a wealth of resources for parallel processing in our 16 X 8 mixer and V2 DMA engine which maximizes throughput on the PCIe bus while minimizing CPU workload. As always, FPGA’s allow for field-upgradeability to add features in the future.
– Two channels A/D and D/A conversion
– Two channels of AES3 or S/PDIF I/O
– Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
– Extremely low-jitter SynchroLock sample clock generator
– Fixed or adjustable trim level on all analog I/O’s, relay controlled
– Automatic output muting on power on/off (de-thump)
– FPGA-based on-board hardware mixing
– V2 DMA Engine promotes extremely low-latency operation
– Drivers for Macintosh OS X, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10. Thunderbolt compatible.
– Lynx Mixer application
– Designed and built in the USA
– Cables Sold Separately
– CBL-L22Audio for analog I/O
– CBL-L22Sync for digital and word clock I/O
– CBL-XMDR18 S/PIDF adapter for digital in to S/PIDF
– CBL-XFDR18 S/PIDF adapter for digital out to S/PIDF