Lynx E44 Sounding 4 Channel PCIE Card
The four analog, four digital PCI express card.
As with the LynxTWO-A, but in PCI express format, the E44 is designed to satisfy the most demanding professional recording and broadcast studio requirements. Built upon the legacy of the industry-leading LynxONE and LynxTWO cards, the E series takes a leap forward to offer the highest performance A/D and D/A conversion system ever incorporated into a PCI Express card.
The E44 is ideal for:
– Audio production. The E44 is the best sounding 4 channel PCIe card for DAW recording and playback
– Broadcast applications requiring 24/7 flawless operation
– Audio playback. The E44’s pristine audio quality makes it ideal for the most demanding high-end hi-fi systems
– Capturing and archiving historic and classic material with extreme accuracy and transparency
– Audio measurement. As a precise audio instrument the E44 is exceptionally accurate and transparent
– Medical, military and industrial applications that require full audio spectrum capabilities and extreme reliability and precision
The E44 card utilizes sophisticated design methodologies to achieve high performance levels. Components are meticulously chosen to support low noise and distortion. Circuit topologies are compact and cancel external noise pickup. Capacitors with solid dielectrics provide high reliability and long life. Considerable effort is applied to PCB layout which focuses on component placement and routing of traces, as well as copious use of copper planes for shielding and power distribution.
The use of field-programmable-gate-arrays (FPGA) is another core technology pioneered for use in audio devices by Lynx. The E series uses the latest devices with a wealth of resources for parallel processing in our 16 X 8 mixer and V2 DMA engine which maximizes throughput on the PCIe bus while minimizing CPU workload. As always, FPGA’s allow for field-upgradeability to add features in the future.
– Four channels A/D and D/A conversion
– Four channels of AES3 or S/PDIF I/O
– Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
– Extremely low-jitter SynchroLock sample clock generator
– Fixed or adjustable trim level on all analog I/O’s, relay controlled
– Automatic output muting on power on/off (de-thump)
– FPGA-based on-board hardware mixing
– V2 DMA Engine promotes extremely low-latency operation
– Drivers for Macintosh OS X, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10. Thunderbolt compatible.
– Lynx Mixer application
– RoHS compliant
– Designed and built in the USA
– Cables Sold Separately
– CBL-L2AudioA for analog I/O
– CBL-ESYNC for digital and word clock I/O
– CBL-XMDR18 S/PIDF adapter for digital in to S/PIDF
– CBL-XFDR18 S/PIDF adapter for digital out to S/PIDF