The first Neumann mic with transformerless technology, featuring 5 directional characteristics, selectable at the mic or remotely, in addition to pre-attenuation and low-cut filter switches. The excellent sound pressure handling capability makes this mic ideal for recording wind instruments, for example.
The TLM 170 R was the first microphone to use the successful fet 100 technology. Along with a balanced, transformerless output stage it features extremely low self-noise and an impressive dynamic range.
Five directional characteristics are selectable by means of a rotary switch. In the sixth position, marked “R”, the directional patterns can be controlled remotely with the N 48 R-2 power supply. There is no special cable necessary for this purpose.
The microphone has at its rear a 10 dB attenuation switch for extremely high sound pressure levels, and a high-pass filter to suppress structure born noise.
- Matched Pair: The TLM 170 R’s are matched in sensitivity and frequency response, providing optimum results when capturing in stereo.
- FET Design: FET 100 technology along with a balanced, transformerless output stage result in high gain and low noise audio output.
- 5 Polar Patterns: Omni-directional, wide angled cardioid, hyper-cardioid and figure eight are all available.
- Transparent Output Signal: The TLM 170R features a flat frequency response curve, resulting in clean, transparent audio reproduction without signal coloration.
- Transducer: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional, Wide Angle Cardioid, Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Figure-8
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: (Typical) 130 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 68 dB: CCIR 468-3 80 dB: DIN/IEC 651
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Without Preattenuation, 144 dB With Preattenuation, 154 dB
- Power Requirements: Phantom 48v
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: 3-Pin XLR Type
- Pad: Yes, -10 dB Preattenuation
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Yes, Switchable Low
- Frequency Roll-Off:
- Dimensions: 6.08 x 2.4″ (152 x 60mm) LxDdiameter
- Weight: 22 oz. (625 g)