Ocean Way Audio HR4 2-Way Studio Monitor
The New Standard in Studio Monitoring
- High Resolution 4 – Proprietary 2-way compression-driven hybrid horn/waveguide system
- Ultra-wide horizontal sweet-spot with rich detail across a broad area of the listening zone
- Unmatched Ultra-Wide 100 H / 40 V Degree Dispersion, 35Hz to 25kHz
- High resolution 1″ HF Driver with excellent mechanical linearity
- Geometrically reinforced 8″ aluminum cone LF Driver within ported cabinet
- Patent Pending 3D printed dual horn waveguide with superior detailed imaging
- 250 watts/side, Digital & Analog inputs, accepting 24bit / 192kHz data streams
- 3-Way Option available with a pair of 800 watt/side 12″ Ported Subwoofers
Ocean Way Audio has released an accurate, wide dynamic range reference monitor for the recording studio environment. The HR4 Reference Monitor is a 24″, integrated 2-way dual-horn system that can be placed in any environment to provide an exceptionally accurate monitoring experience.
At the heart of the acoustic design is HR4’s dual/hybrid waveguide system delivering a 100×40 degree window. Its unique design is realized with the aid of high-grade, 3D solid modelling. This accurate process allows for creating geometrically-complex surfaces that create accurately-matched and detailed imaging within the system. As a result, the HR4 delivers a stunning 100 degree dispersion pattern over a very wide audio range. An unusually-wide horizontal sweet-spot is revealed with rich detail across a broad area of the listening environment. The consistency of its stereo image, even at the far corners of the room, is delivered due to the highly consistent directivity response of the speaker system.
The HF driver is a high definition design with excellent mechanical linearity. The LF driver is geometrically reinforced aluminum cone with a vented cast aluminum chassis yielding optimum strength and low compression. Combined with the ported cabinet, the system is tuned to perfection with a seamless transition between the drivers. Our two-way, self-powered design delivers an unprecedented level of performance allowing for flexibility of placement in the room with a matched uniform frequency response of 35 Hz to 25 kHz, and an extraordinary 116 dB maximum SPL between channels. In spite of the HR4’s minimal footprint, its exceptional low frequency response eliminates the need for a subwoofer. However… for those who wish to play their music exceptionally loud, we offer a 3-Way model comprised of two additional cabinets, each with 12″ LF drivers.
We carefully select and match each set of components getting them as close as possible to achieve our high performance standards. Our process could easily be compared to building a fine musical instrument.
To learn more about Ocean Way, Click Here