Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8 Dante Microphone Preamp
For the last decade, the world’s leading live sound engineers have chosen Rupert Neve Designs as some of the only analog equipment to accompany their digital touring rigs. With mastering-grade 24-bit 192 Khz converters and full Dante integration, the Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8 finally offers the live sound world something that studios have always coveted: the sound of Rupert Neve Designs.
Classic Rupert Neve Tone
The heart of the RMP-D8 lies in the modular mic preamp cards featuring Mr. Rupert Neve’s custom transformer designs. Unlike other integrated Dante mic preamp designs that rely primarily on a single IC for gain & tone, each channel on the Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8 has a fully-realized class-A microphone preamplifier feeding a custom transformer, maintaining the high standards of Rupert Neve Designs’ standalone preamplifiers.
Where converters are often an afterthought on combination devices, the 24-bit/192kHz converters in the RMP-D8 are a product of years of careful listening. The precision controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction enable capture of the full breadth of performance from the mic preamplifiers or the line inputs; with the Rupert Neve Designs RMP-D8, there is no weak link in the audio path.
The New Dante Standard
Dante audio networking uses standard IP networks to transmit high-quality, uncompressed audio with near-zero latency. It’s the most flexible, reliable, and easy-to-manage audio networking solution available, and provides the lowest cost of ownership by dramatically reducing cabling and labor costs. Dante is the audio networking choice of nearly all professional audio manufacturers, making it the industry standard for digital audio networking.
The RMP-D8’s audio signal will work with any Dante device across settings ranging from concert halls to arenas, clubs, studios, houses of worship, and educational facilities.All in all, the RMP-D8 brings the classic sound of Rupert Neve Designs into the Dante-connected world.
- 8 mic / line inputs with 48V phantom power, polarity reverse, input pad & high-pass filter controls
- 1dB-stepped class-A mic preamplifiers with 60dB gain and remote control capability
- Custom Rupert Neve Designs transformers for the larger-than-life tone of Rupert’s classic modules
- 24-bit / 192kHz Mastering-Grade Converters with precision-controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction
- Ultra-reliable, redundant power supplies capable of operating anywhere in the world
- Dante integration with redundant network ports for reliability
- Gain-compensated secondary output
- 4 dual-channel AES outputs on XLR connectors
- Large OLED display with full local control,· accurate and easy-to-read meters
- Compatible with Dante Virtual Soundcard and Dante Via for direct computer integration
- Reinforced steel chassis for enhanced RF shielding and rugged touring use in challenging environments
RMP-D8 Front Panel Features:
Eight Segment LED Channel Meterin
The RMP-D8 is equipped with 8-segment Bargraph LED meters for each input channel (1 through 8). These meters are
scaled to represent a Quasi-Peak Programme (PPM) metering ballistic for optimal resolution. The front panel metering
indicates the post ADC level in digital full-scale level from -60dBFS to 0dBFS.
Engaging LINE MODE on the RMP-D8 automatically selects the following features:
- PAD is engaged by default (-10dB)
- Phantom Power (+48VDC) is disabled to prevent potential fault conditions
- Individual channel gain is restricted to a maximum of +30dB to prevent potential input overload
If the RESET button is pressed on the RMP-D8 front panel, the user will be prompted with the following message on
the front panel OLED display:
Rotate the ADJUST encoder wheel one detent clock-wise until the OLED screen prompts “YES.”
Press the RESET button again to accept the changes. The RMP-D8 will fully reset to its default state (all features disengaged
and channel gain settings reset to 0dB).
Front Panel Lockou
The RMP-D8 allows the user to lockout the front panel by executing a simple front panel button combination:
PRESS IN and HOLD down the ADJUST rotary encoder (STEP 1). While holding the ADJUST encoder down, press the RESET button once (STEP 2). The LOCK icon will appear on the bottom middle of the OLED display indicating successful front panel lockout. To disengage front panel lockout at any time, repeat steps 1 and 2.
RMP-D8 Network Connectivity
The RMP-D8 has a Primary Dante Network Port as well as a redundant Secondary Dante Network Port. The Primary Port provides the main Dante Network connectivity, as well as connection to Dante Controller running on your PC or MAC.
Note: A Gigabit Ethernet switch should be used to make all Dante network connections. See Audinate’s Gigabit Ethernet switch recommendations available on their website.
The RMP-D8 Secondary Dante Network Port is available for Redundant network applications, acting as a failsafe if the Primary Network fails. All Secondary Dante Network connections must be made through a separate Gigabit Ethernet switch.
RMP-D8 Tests at Orb Recording
To learn more about Rupert Neve, Click Here