Schoeps Colette Series CMC6 MK4 Cardioid Stereo Set Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones (Matte Gray)
Schoeps offers pairs of our best-selling Colette series microphones in sets. Each wooden case contains two complete microphones with selected, matched MK$ capsules, SG 20 stand adapters, B 5 D windscreens, and CMC 6 analog microphone amplifiers.
- flat frequency response
- very low harmonic distortion and noise
- works with 12V and 48V phantom power
- balanced, low-impedance output
- high suppression of interference on the microphone cable
- excellent protection against high-frequency radio interference with “RFI Shield”
- frequency-independent impedance
- signal transmission possible over very long cables
- reliable operation even with weak phantom power
- symmetrical, transformer- and capacitor-free output stage with a class-A amplifier
- above 20 kHz, the signal is attenuated for protection against interference in the ultrasonic range, e.g. through the ultrasonic autofocus of a film camera
The CMC 6 U is designed for standard 48- and 12-Volt phantom powering. Its circuitry recognizes the supply voltage and adjusts itself automatically. Its performance characteristics remain essentially the same either way; mainly, the difference is that the current drawn at 12 Volts is greater than at 48 Volts. However, the 12-Volt mode consumes less power and might be preferred for battery-powered recording.
The microphone amplifier is responsible for providing the necessary electric charge to the capsule, without which it would be unable to generate a signal. Since the capsule’s output signal is very weak (Hi-Z), it must be amplified. In order for the microphone’s output to cleanly reach the next stage in the signal chain, it must undergo balancing and impedance matching before transmission. The CMC 6 incorporates a balanced, direct-coupled class-A amplifier, yielding a low output impedance, high RF shielding, and minimal distortion.
To learn more about Schoeps Microphones, Click Here
View more products from Schoeps