sE Electronics sE8 Handcrafted Small-diaphragm Condenser
The sE8 – small in stature, huge in sound.
Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8 is a brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE.
Its new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it’s never harsh or aggressive – perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads.
It’s also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet – and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8 is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.
Handcrafted True Condenser Capsule
– Gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability
– Every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
– Ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
– Ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients
– Newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response
– Sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
– Avoids coloration in demanding applications
The Quietest Pencil Mic in its Class
– Sophisticated electronic design provides extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits
– Transformerless design for excellent transparency and clarity
– Proven Class-A circuitry ensures a high dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response
Two Switchable Pre-attenuation Pads
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more.
Two Switchable Low-cut Filters
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
All-metal Housing With Gold-plated Xlr Connector, Premium Finish & Accessories
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some small-capsule microphones, the sE8’s all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise – and the high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connector ensures a great look and a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years to come.
The sE8 also comes standard with a newly-designed mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand.
Why a Handcrafted Capsule?
As with all of sE’s true condensers, the sE8’s gold-sputtered capsule is handcrafted and hand-tuned by skilled technicians in our own factory. This is highly unusual for mics at this price, and is a great point of pride for us.
Building and tuning a capsule is a subtle, artistic process, and given the scale of the vibrations which they must perceive, this is the most vital element of the mic.