Soundcraft Vi2000 Digital Live Console
The latest addition to Soundcraft’s Vi range of digital live consoles, the new Vi2000 brings unparalleled mixing power to the live touring, install and corporate AV markets in a single-box, cost-effective package. The new console combines the unique Vistonics-based control surface concepts of the highly successful Vi3000, 5000 and 7000 consoles, with Soundcraft SpiderCore – a powerful integrated DSP and IO engine based on STUDER technology and compact enough to reside inside the control surface itself.
Running the latest V6.3 console software, the Vi2000 now includes vMIX automatic microphone mixing, alongside the acclaimed BSS DPR901ii Dynamic EQ via an insertable processing pool which also includes Lexicon Multi-effects and the ability to insert any external device.
In addition to a full complement of on-board mic and line IO, configurable up to 48 mic line inputs and 16 line outputs using combinations of 16ch XLR modules in 4 rear-mounted slots, the console includes two 64ch expansion slots allowing up to two MADI-based Stageboxes to be connected, or alternatively the slots provide access to the extensive range of D21m IO option cards, addressing all industry standard audio formats. The total I/O count of the console is 246 in 246 out.
In common with other Vi000-series consoles, a built-in 64x64ch Dante interface provides direct recording/playback connection via Ethernet to any PC or Mac-based recording software, or allows the Vi2000 to integrate into an existing Dante network.
The Dante interface is complimented by an additional optical MADI interface designed for either record feeds or connection of the Soundcraft Realtime Rack Plug-in engine, adding the power of Universal Audio UAD-powered plug-ins to the Vi2000’s pristine audio quality.
The package is completed by an ultra-compact frame design only 1.15m in width, with 16 input faders and 8 output faders, allowing the console to fit into both space and budget restricted applications. Patented features like Faderglow, VM2 microphone monitoring and Vistonics provide a uniquely user-friendly mixing experience and superb sound quality is assured by a 40-bit floating-point DSP environment, running STUDER, BSS, Lexicon and dbx algorithms.
- Input Faders: 16
- Output Faders: 8 +3 (LRC masters) +1 (Monitor A/B)
- Total Faders: 28
- 3D Vistonics screens: 3 (2 input, 1 master)
- Fader bay operation:
- 4x Fixed Input layers A/B/C/D giving 64 inputs on 16 fdrs
- Input channels can be assigned to Master bay for 24 input fdrs
- 5x User layers 1-5
- 1x Busses 1-16 Layer plus screen assign 17-24, for 24 mono/stereo busses
- VCA/A/B/C/D/E output/input fader pages, (A-E user definable)
Local I/O Physical connectors:
- Mic/Line Inputs: 48, 32 or 16 configurable (max 3x 16ch out cards of 4 total) (Last 5 outs default to local monitors but can be repatched)
- AES/EBU In: 2 (=4ch) plus optional 16ch via Vista1 card (remove 2 mic or line out cards to fit)
- AES/EBU Out: 2 (=4ch) plus optional 16ch via Vista1 card (remove 2 mic or line out cards to fit)
- TB Mic in: 1 front panel, with rear-switched 48V
- Phones out: 1 ste jack, under armrest
- Optical MADI In/Out: 1 (outputs paralleled with Dante interface).
- Dante ports:
- 1x 64ch in/out (2x Ethercon Pri/Sec)
- Dante inputs are A/B switched with optical MADI.
- D21m Option Slots: 2 double/4single (total 128ch)
- AES/EBU Input Sample Rate: 32-108kHz (with SRC enabled)
- Total number of simultaneous IO channels: 246 inputs / 214 outputs (assumes 48 mic in/16 line out config)
- DSP Mixing Core: Soundcraft SpiderCore
- Processing: 40-bit Floating point, 48kHz sample rate
- Input Channels to mix: 96 mono Pairable to 48 stereo
- Busses – Aux/Grp: 24 mono/stereo
- Busses – Matrix: From 24 bus pool – max 16 mono/stereo.
- Busses – Master: 3 (LRC)
- Assignable Insert Points: 64 + 4FX
- Tie Lines: 128 (allow Stagebox IO to connect to Local IO without using mixing channels.
- Lexicon FX:
- 4 units (14 reverbs, 7 delays, 8 pitch-shift effects in each unit)
- Tap Delay from F-key 1-4
- BSS Dynamic EQ: 8 instances of DPR901ii 4-band DEQ
- vMIX Automixing: Up to 2 groups of 16 input channels
- BSS GEQ: 24 mono/stereo +LRC
External Control Ports:
- Ethernet: 1 (dedicated HiQnet / Realtime Rack control)
- MIDI: 1 In, 1 Out
- Mains Input: 2, switched (redundant power supplies built in)
- USB2.0: 4 (2 front, 2 rear)
- Wordclock: In /Out 2x BNC
- DVI out: Reserved for future use
- Gooseneck lamp 4-pin XLR: 2, for rear panel illumination
- Stagebox: Optional, via MADI optical or Cat 5 option cards fitted to D21m expansion slots. Can connect up to 2 x 64ch Vi Stageboxes. Also compatible with Compact Stagebox and Mini Stagebox