Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity Tone-Blending Mic Preamplifier
Get tube and solid-state sonics and everything in-between with this unique mic pre/DI
The award-winning Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity is a radical UA mic preamp design that combines both the classic retro warmth of tubes with the transient bite of solid-state, all in a 2U, half-rack unit. The 710 was created specifically to add the tonal versatility and sonic inspiration missing from generic audio interface preamps.
Tone blending is continually variable between 100% tube and 100% solid-state, offering a practically infinite range of unique preamp tones, plus the ability to easily dial-in your own signature sound. There are lots of sensibly priced solid-state and tube preamplifiers out there, but the Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity is the only one that offers the best of both worlds — as well as everything in-between — all in one box, and within reach of any serious project studio’s budget. Includes a 19″ rack-kit for mounting one or two units.
Now You Can:
– Harness the distinct sonic properties of tubes and solid-state in one unique preamp/DI
– Blend between tube and solid-state sounds for myriad textures and tones
– Unlock the potential of your mic locker with a powerfully versatile preamp
– Easily track guitar, bass, or keyboards with the front panel 1/4“ Hi-Z instrument input
The Ultimate in Mic Pre Flexibility
The key to the Universal Audio 710 Twin-Finity’s sonic flexibility lies in its innovative circuit design, featuring a solid-state transimpedance input amp simultaneously driving separate, phase-aligned tube and solid-state gain stages, which are then summed to a single output. The mix between the 310 volt single-ended class-A triode tube stage and solid-state transimpedance stage is controlled via the “Blend Knob” labeled “∞”. Blending is continually variable between 100% tube and 100% solid-state offering a practically infinite range of unique pre-amp tones and the ability to easily dial-in your own signature sound.
Drive for Days
Like all our other preamp designs, the 710 features dual gain-stage controls (Gain/Level) which can radically vary the amount of coloration and distortion by allowing you to crank up the input gain like a guitar amp. The VU meter features a unique “Drive” mode allowing you to see how hard you are driving the input stage.
– Twin-Finity Tone-Blending Mic/Line Preamp & Hi-Z Instrument DI
– Dual-Path 310 volt Class-A Tube and Transimpedance Solid State Preamp
– Phase-Aligned “Tone-Blending” of Tube and Solid State
– Dual Gain Stages: Wire with Gain to Creamy to Crunchy
– Discrete JFET DI with 2.2M ohm Ultra Hi-Z impedance
– Monolithic Balanced Output Stage
– 70dB of gain, 48V Phantom, Pad(-15dB), Phase Invert, and Low Cut Filter(75Hz)
– Output and “Drive” backlit VU metering
– Portable, Rack-Mountable design for Studio, Desktop or Stage
– 19” Rack Kit Included
– Front Panel Hi-Z Input (switched from Mic/Line automatically via Jack Detect)
– Rear Panel XLR Mic Input, XLR Line Input, and XLR Line Output
– Universal Internal Power Supply
– Heavy-Duty Metal Construction
To learn more about Universal Audio, Click Here