Universal Audio Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amp
True to the original design, UA’s famed tube-amplified T4 electro-optical compressor.
For over 50 years the Universal Audio Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amp has been revered for its smooth, natural, musical compression. WIth its unique tube-driven electro-optical attenuator system that allows instantaneous gain reduction with no increase in harmonic distortion, the LA-2A massages signals like no other compressor ever made.
Now You Can:
– Dial-in legendary optical tube compression textures for vocals, bass, drums, and more
– Record your tracks through vintage UA, “handmade in the USA,” circuits
– Easily add iconic warmth and tube limiting with simple, easy-to-use controls
– Track and mix with a piece of audio recording history
The Teletronix Story
Teletronix founder Jim Lawrence first used photocells for controlling audio gain in the early 1960s. His ingenious optical compression design was a technological breakthrough, far surpassing the stability and transparency of earlier circuits. Universal Audio founder M.T. ”Bill” Putnam later purchased this patented technology, continuing to manufacture the LA-2A for years to come.
The Real Deal
Universal Audio Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amp reissue provides the performance characteristics of the iconic original. With painstaking care, every new LA-2A unit is point-to-point handwired in Scotts Valley, California, with every component carefully evaluated for authenticity. As a result, today’s LA-2A will bring the same legendary compression characteristics of the original to all of your recordings. Demand the original. Accept no copy.
– True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
– Lag free, distortion free optical attenuator system
– Distortion less than 0.5% THD
– 0 to 40 dB gain limiting
– Balanced stereo interconnection
– Frequency response 1 dB, 30 to 15,000 cps
– Output level of 10 dBm and 40 dB gain
– Low noise – less than 70 dB below ±10 dBm output
To learn more about Universal Audio, Click Here