Avid Pro Tools HD Thunderbolt MADI & Ultimate Software
With the Avid Pro Tools HD Thunderbolt MADI & Ultimate and unlike USB or FireWirebased DAWs, which are inherently prone to latency, Pro Tools|HD Native now can employ a highspeed Thunderbolt interface to connect Pro Tools HD Series interfaces with your laptop. By eliminating distracting monitor latency while recording, increasing your I/O capabilities, and providing 64bit floatingpoint processing for more headroom and a higher mix resolution, you get a professional native solution that meets the highest audio standards like in Avid Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt S/s + HD MADI H/w.
Create complex, highquality audio productions using the full capabilities of Pro Tools HD software in a lowercost native solution. For music and postproduction professionals who want the absolute best performance possible on the host, Avid Pro Tools|HD Native is a new generation of Pro Tools core system that harnesses the power of your computer to deliver the lowest latency and highest stability of any native system
The Avid Pro Tools HD Thunderbolt MADI & Ultimate system includes:
- Pro Tools|HD Native Thunderbolt interface
- Avid HD MADI interface
- DVD wallet, including
- Pro Tools HD software installation DVD (includes all bundled software)
- Audio loops DVD
- Training video DVD
- User guides
- iLok USB Smart Key (for software authorization)
- Registration card and software activation cards
- 12’DigiLinkTM Mini cable for Pro Tools|HD Series interface connection
- DigiLink Mini to DigiLink adapter for older Pro Tools interface connection
Easily compose, record, edit, and mix music or sound for picture with great speed and reliability. And with guaranteed high track counts, plus groundbreaking low latency, you can tackle bigger productions more confidently than ever before with a native workstation
Avid HD MADI
Capture pristine, high-resolution audio through premium mic preamps and monitor your sessions in up to 7.1 surround with the all-in-one Avid HD MADI Interface. Designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, HD MADIis an ideal choice for individual musicians, composers, post-production studios, and anyone else who demands top sound quality and the convenience of an all-in-one interface. Experience best-in-class A/D and D/A conversion, mic preamps, the lowest possible latency, and a full monitoring section-all in one compact interface.
Features of Avid Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt + HD MADI
Get the sound quality you’ve always wanted. With HD MADI, you can connect your mics, instruments, line-level gear, and digital devices, capture every audio nuance they deliver in stunning clarity, and choose how you want to monitor your mix.
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion
- High-quality, low-noise analog I/O:
- 2 premium, digitally-controlled mic/DI preamps
- 4 line inputs
- 8 line outputs, with true analog gain
- Versatile digital I/O, with sample rate conversion on all inputs:
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
- 2×8 channels of AES/EBU I/O
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- Route audio independently from Pro Tools with the persistent 14X26 pass-through mixer
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full routing, mixing, and monitoring control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Hear your mixes in however many channels you need, from stereo to 7.1 surround
- Improve communication while tracking with dedicated cue path
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Compact 1U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Track, Mix, and Monitor in One
No need to route signals through multiple interfaces-with HD MADI, you can do everything in one single-space rack, so you save money and space. As the hub of any music studio, you can use HD MADI to record high-quality instrument and vocal performances, while providing dedicated cue mixes for artists, and monitor the performance through a discrete mix. For post production, not only do you have overdub and Foley recording capabilities at your disposal, you can use HD MADI to monitor mixes with up to 7.1 channels-and fold down mixes from 7.1 to almost any channel configuration subset.
Hear What You’ve Been Missing
Raising the bar on audio performance, HD MADI in Avid Pro Tools HD Thunderbolt MADI & Ultimate features premium A/D and D/A converters, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency in your sessions. You also get built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature for worry-free performance. And using Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients, you can track hotter signals and be assured that any unexpected peaks in your input won’t put you in the red.
Full Monitoring Flexibility
Whether you want to listen in stereo or surround, monitor sound personally or set up a personal mix for someone else, or hear your work in headphones or on the big speakers, you can do it all with HD MADI in Avid Pro Tools HD Thunderbolt MADI & Ultimate. Mix and monitor up to 7.1 surrounds (with fold down to stereo). Hear how your mix sounds on different speakers using the Main and ALT speaker selections. Set up an integrated cue mix for artists to monitor. Or isolate yourself with your own headphone mix. And if you don’t feel like launching Pro Tools-or even turning on your computer-HD MADI features a built-in, customizable, 14×26 pass-through mixer, so you can continue to monitor external sources, such as keyboards, drum machines, and digital music players, independently from your recording setup.
Work with Pro Tools and More
HD MADI in Avid Pro Tools HD Thunderbolt MADI & Ultimate and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, routing, and monitoring right from your Pro Tools software interface. You’ll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools|HD and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
To know more about Avid, Click here