The M81-SH is great for taming brighter vocals, guitar tones, and fattening up toms, percussion, horns and thinner sounding sources.
The M81-SH was designed with the goal to develop a mic that would not only complement the M80-SH, but to also stand out in a universe filled with dynamic microphone options. Building off many of the strengths of the M80, the TELEFUNKEN M81-SH retains the same minimal proximity effect, superior feedback rejection, and an articulate mid-range. However, with the M81-SH, the top end is pulled back a bit, yielding a flatter overall frequency response. This combination results in a microphone with a wealth of body and clarity, making it a great tool for taming brighter vocals and guitar tones and for fattening up toms, percussion, horns and thinner sounding sources.
The M81-SH is offered with either chrome or black head grills and ships with both the M784 metal and M785 plastic drum mounts, a leather microphone bag and 5 meter SGMC-5 XLR cable with right angle female XLR.
- Type: Dyanmic Moving Coil
- Capsule: 25mm
- Tube Type: n/a
- Transformer: Custom Wound Telefunken T80
- Polar Pattern: Super-cardioid
- Frequency Range: 30Hz / 18kHz
- Sensitivity: 1.45 mV/Pa
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa (Amplifier): n/a
- Output Impedance: 325 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 135 dB
- S/N Ratio: n/a
- Self Noise (Amplifier): n/a
- Dimensions / Size: 125 mm L x 48 mm Dia.
- Weight: 340 g
- Current Draw from Mains: 0 mA
- Power Supply: n/a
- Cable: SGMC-5R – 5 Meter (16.9 ft) Cable, Right Angle Female 3 Pin XLR, 3 Pin Male XLR
- Shockmount: M 784 – Metal Adapter for Drum Mounting, M 785 – Plastic Clip for Drum Mounting