Vac Rac TSL4 Stereo Tube Limiter (Used)
Highly revered no longer in production designed by Steve Firlotte this is destined to be a classic
The Inward Connections TSL-4 has Smooth limiting presented with the euphonic character and warmth of tubes.
Nearly two decades ago, Inward Connections created the TLM-1 (Tube Limiter Module) for their Vac Rac modular processing system. The TLM-1 was highly favored by many of the world’s top recording engineers and when the modular Vac Rac was discontinued, the TLM-1 topology found life as a new standalone, dual-channel unit. Thus, the TSL series was born.
The Inward Connections TSL-4 Vac Rac is the latest incarnation of this classic design. It adds new features without altering the sonic signature engineers have come to revere. If you want to control the transients of vocals, guitars, bass or the mix bus, without tweaking a whole bunch of controls, the TSL-4 is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
Inward Connections also offers the TSL-4V Vac Rac. The TSL-4V is the TSL-4 equipped with hand-selected and factory-installed NOS tubes. The TSL-4V is a special order item and subject to the availability of tubes required.
- 40-Detent Gain Makeup Control – variable control of 14dB of output gain
- 40-Detent Gain Reduction Control – variable control of up to 40dB of gain reduction
- Bypass Switch – engages or disengages the gain reduction element
- Output Switch – Assigns meters to Gain Reduction or Output
- Hi-Pass Filter Switch – engages 100Hz high pass filter within the gain reduction circuit
- Link Switch – Links opto cells of both channels for stereo operation
- Large 3″x3″ Illuminated VU meter
- Zero trim to calibrate the meter in Limit mode
- Tubes used in both input channels: Input stage – 6072A, Output stage – 12BH7A
- Power Supply: Pure Class A high voltage tube design with AC Voltage selector
- Unit dimensions: 3 rack space. 5.25″ Height, 19″ Width, 11.5″ Depth
- Rugged, well-ventilated, 3U steel chassis design
- Classic vintage look
- Transformer Balanced, Line Level, XLR inputs and outputs
- Gain Reduction: up to 40db
- Input Impedance: >100k ohms
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.5 dB @ 20Hz to 20KHz
- Output Signal to Noise Ratio: -85dB
- THD + Noise: .015% @ 20Hz (0dB ref.), .085% @ 20KHz (0dB ref.), .15% @ 20Hz to 20KHz (+30dB ref.)
- Maximum Input Level: +20dB
- Maximum Output Level: +20dBm @ 600 ohms, +34dBv @ 10K ohms
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms transformer balanced output