Long Condenser Shotgun Microphone with Switchable Low Frequency Roll-Off Switch
The Beyerdynamic MC 837 is a long shotgun style microphone, designed for news gathering and field production applications. Its switchable high-pass filter reduces low frequency sound below 90Hz, ideal to help reduce hum and low-frequency noise out in the field!
Featuring a Lobe/Cardioid polar pattern with a built in low frequency filter, the Beyerdynamic MC 837 is an outstanding microphone which is very effective for all types of remote location and in-studio voice reproduction where a shotgun mic is required.
Beyerdynamic MC 837 Features :
- Lobe/Cardioid polar pattern
- Very wide frequency response
- Low frequency roll-off switch
- Phantom power supply 11 - 52V
Beyerdynamic MC 837 Applications :
- Exterior recordings
- Film recording
- Live recording
The rugged and lightweight MC 837 shotgun microphone has been designed to meet the demands of ENG and EFP applications. Due to its acoustical characteristics it is also suited for film applications. The directional polar pattern helps to suppress lateral and background noise.
The microphone operates according to the pressure gradient/line transducer technique. A switchable low frequency roll-off eliminates unwanted low frequencies at a cut-off frequency of 90 Hz. An integrated footfall sound insulation avoids the transmission of noise below 40 Hz. To avoid wind noise when used outdoors, a wind shield must be used. The microphone can be operated with a phantom power supply of 11 - 52V.
Beyerdynamic MC 837 Specifications :
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient/line transducer technique
- Polar Pattern: Lobe/cardioid
- Open Circuit Voltage at 1kHz (0dB=1V/Pa): 30 mV/Pa
- Nominal Impedance: 180 ohms
- Load Impedance: 1000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Length: 516 mm
- Shaft Diameter: 21 mm
- Head Diameter: 21 mm
- Weight without cable: 218 g
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Max. SPL at 1kHz: >130 dB
- A-weighted equivalent SPL: approx. 13 dB
- Power Supply: 11-52V phantom power
- Current Consumption: 4.3 mA