This classic ribbon mic certainly has a pedigree. In the 1960's it was known as the STC; the go-to ribbon at Abbey Road.
It's mid-forward roundness and smooth top make it a must have to any mic locker!
Coles 4038 Ribbon Microphone Features :
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case with 4069 jack plug, and soft cloth protective bag, for safe keeping.
Available Accessories :
4071B Mic to stand adaptor with XLR
4069 to XLR
4072 Antivibration mic to stand adaptor
Soft cloth protective bag
Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
The 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone is of British Broadcasting design (BBC) and used for broadcasting and recording such sounds where a clear smooth wide range frequency response, absent of transient distortion and relatively high sensitivity is essential.
The frequency response of the 4038 is exceptionally flat from 30 to 15,000 c/s and throughout this range the shape of the bi-directional (figure of eight) polar response is maintained substantially constant both in the horizontal and vertical planes, giving a natural smooth sonic quality textured response to sound signal being picked up.