Shure Beta 56A
Dynamic Supercardioid Swivel-Mount Microphone with High Output Neodymium Element, and Response Tailored to drums and Instrument Applications
For over 20 years, Beta Microphones have been the choice of top touring and recording professionals for reproduction of fine details in demanding acoustic environments. Each specialized model is precision-engineered with high output neodymium-equipped capsules for focused, accurate reproduction of the intended sound source. With superior construction, low handling noise and high gain before feedback, Beta redefines sensitivity and control for essential, expert sound reinforcement.
The Shure Beta 56A is a super cardioid pattern dynamic mic that features a wide mounting base capable of accommodating a large range of microphone stands.
The Beta 56A's extremely uniform supercardioid pickup pattern provides high gain before feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise. A built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation.
The stand adapter keeps the microphone securely in place, even if it is struck by a drumstick.
Typical Beta 56A applications include close miking of tom-toms and other percussion instruments, as well as guitar amplifiers, brass instruments, and woodwinds.
Specifically engineered for drum and instrument applications, the Beta 56A's compact, pivoting design makes it the ideal choice for these applications.
Shure Beta 56A Features :
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, amplified instruments, and horns with studio quality sound
- Built–in stand adapter with dynamic locking system and XLR connector simplifies setup and provides greater flexibility
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Shure Beta 56A Specifications :
- Type : Dynamic moving coil
- Frequency Response : 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern : Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz) : Open Circuit Voltage -51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance : Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
- Polarity : Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Connector : Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case : Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille
- Adjustable, Locking Stand Adapter : Integral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8"-27 thread
- Net Weight : 468 grams (16.7 oz)