API 862 Mic 50th Anniversary Series Preamp/EQ
Adding to API’s line of 50th Anniversary products, API’s 862 50th Anniversary Edition Channel Strip combines the 550A Anniversary Edition EQ and the 312 Anniversary Edition Mic Pre into a single, 19″ rackmount format. The 862 integrates the original 500 Series pcb’s exactly as they were designed by API’s founder, the legendary Saul Walker, and artfully merges them into a vintage-style, highly collectable and incredible sounding single 1U chassis.
Each API 862 Anniversary Edition is individually serialized denoting its status as part of a limited run of only 50 units. Painstakingly assembled and carefully hand wired, the limited edition 862 a true work of art and a rare piece of recording history.
- 35 dB of adjustable microphone input gain
- Polarity flip, 48 V phantom power, and 20 dB pad switches
- Insert switch to activate rear EQ input connection for 550A EQ section instead of 312 output
- 3 bands of EQ in discrete steps to a maximum of 12 dB boost or cut and 5 frequencies per band
- 550A EQ IN switch
- High and Low bands shelf/peak selection switches
- Switchable band pass filter toggle switch
- Vintage style analog VU Meter (0VU = +4 dBu) and peak LED (+18 dBu), selectable 312 or 550A output
- Limited Production with 50th Anniversary Faceplate — Individually Serialized (1-50)
To learn more about API, Click Here