Earthworks QTC30 30kHz Omni Microphone for Quiet Sources
Low noise omnidirectional microphone designed for recording quiet sources
– 6Hz – 30kHz flat frequency response
– Omnidirectional polar pattern
– Handles up to 138dB SPL without distortion
Delivering sound so detailed and real, the QTC30 brings recordings to life and delivers a truly accurate snapshot of your sound.
Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
With an extended 6Hz – 30kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound.
The QTC30 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
With an SPL rating of 138dB the QTC30 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about the microphone distorting. And there is no proximity effect, you can get the QTC30 as close as you want to the sound source.
Ideal for for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs, these low noise omnis are also an excellent choice for drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments, and foley.
The QTC Series (Quiet Time Coherent) is designed for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs. These low-noise omnis are also an excellent choice for drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments. Earthworks’ reputation for realism is based on these distinctive omnis. Time Coherent Response means these models do not smear the time domain as most microphones do.
– High intelligibility
– More gain before feedback
– Near-perfect polar response
– Excellent off-axis rejection
– Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
– Wide pickup pattern, allowing performer to move about freely and still maintain pristine sound quality
– Far less sound in the microphone from your floor monitors
Earthworks directional microphones have patented near-perfect polar patterns. The sound across the entire front hemisphere is remarkably uniform and is flatter at 90 degrees than most microphones are on-axis. Our live performance microphones also have an incredible transparent sound quality, offering near-perfect polar response and high rejection of sounds at the rear of the microphone, resulting in less leakage and more gain before feedback.
With a maximum sound press level of 145dB SPL, you don’t have to worry about overloading the microphone with loud attacks or strong plosives. While the microphones are able to capture your performance with incredible nuance and precision, they are also built to withstand the rigors of the road.
– With a frequency response to 30kHz and excellent impulse response, it will reproduce sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like, making it an ideal and affordable choice for recording applications
– Intended for detailed sources
– Omnidirectional polar pattern
– Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
– Accurate and uncolored
– Handles sound levels up to 142dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
– Acoustic String Instruments
– Studio Vocals
QTC30 30kHz omnidirectional microphone for quiet sources
QTC30mp 30kHz omnidirectional microphone for quiet sources – Matched Pair
“These mics capture all of that, every last iota of believability.”