Martinsound Multimax EXR
MultiMAX EXR is identical to the MultiMAX EX controller without front panel controls. It handles all of the current surround formats used in music production, post production, broadcast and authoring environments.
The MultiMAX EX Family of Multiformat Monitor Controllers adds surround sound monitoring to your console or workstation. Whether you work in music, film or television, in production, post or mastering, you need to be able to cope with the current surround sound formats. MultiMAX EX handles anything from Dolby Stereo to SDDS, including the popular Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS formats for DVD, plus HDTV, DTV and many more. Don't change your console, just add MultiMAX.
Replace Your Console's Monitor Section
MultiMAX EX replaces your console's monitor section, providing surround sound mix bus monitoring, as well as downmixing, encoder sends and decoder returns. MultiMAX EX does all this and still lets you listen to your console, so you can check PFL or external sources with just the push of a button. And like your console you have tape/bus monitoring, source selection, level, mute and dim control.
Be Confident Your Mixes Will Survive Downmixing
MultiMAX EX folds down your multichannel mixes so you can hear how they will sound on other playback systems. Your HDTV broadcast will also be heard in stereo or mono by consumers. Your DVD mixes, too. You need to be sure your multichannel mix will still sound great on systems with fewer playback channels. MultiMAX EX even lets you format the stereo downmix, so you can generate stereo reference copies.
Free Surround Sound Reports
With the right information you can confidently add surround sound capabilities to your facility. Request your free copies of 'Secrets Of Doing Surround Sound On Your Existing Console' and 'A VU To Downmixing'.
Powerful Surround Sound Multiformat Monitor Controller
Comprehensive Control of Multiple Surround Formats
MultiMAX EX gives you monitoring control of these formats:
Discrete 8, 7.1, 6.1, 5.1, or LCRS
Dolby® Digital (AC-3)
Dolby® Digital-Surround EX
Dolby® Surround (Pro Logic®)
RSP® Circle Surround
Comprehensive Control of Multiple Speaker Systems
MultiMAX EX has 16 speaker outputs with individual trims as well as a master level control. The main speaker system supports 8, 7.1, 6.1, 5.1 and LCRS formats. A split alternate speaker system allows independent front and surround selections. The alternate LCR front speaker system automatically downmixes 7.1 to 5.1. The alternate surround system makes it easy to select between diffuse and point-source surrounds. MultiMAX EX supports Dolby Digital-Surround EX™ by utilizing the unused LC/RC speaker outputs for main and alternate Center Surround (CS) speakers. Separate stereo nearfield and mono TV speaker systems make compatibility checking a snap. You can instantly select any of these speaker setups.
A Complete Monitoring Solution
MultiMAX EX is not just a powerful speaker controller. Its features give you control of the entire monitoring process, and include:
- A built-in noise generator to help you calibrate your monitors.
- Master Mute and variable Dim controls.
- Individual monitor Source On or Solo control.
- Insertable LFE filter, allowing you to hear what the .1 of your 5.1 mix will really sound like on the final product.
- Digitally controlled attenuators rather than VCAs to ensure tracking accuracy and the best sonic quality.
- New features including an SPL Display Range mode, an extension of the monitor level range by 30 dB and the addition of a Wide Inputs Interlock mode.
MultiMAX handles these monitoring tasks and more:
- Monitor the Wide Inputs mixer, which can combine up to 5 different multichannel mixes, each up to 8 channels wide, for up to 40 inputs in total. The Wide Inputs mixer has its own output in discrete wide format (up to 8 channels), as well as downmixed LCRS, for connection to encode/decode processors.