Two Legendary 1073 Mic Preamps with 192kHz Digital Output.
The 1073DPD combines two of our world-famous Class A Neve 1073 microphone pre-amplifiers with flexible 192kHz digital output capabilities for modern recording environments—all in a single rackspace. This classic design is the consummate mic pre for capturing vocals and musical instruments, with the added convenience of direct output to hard disk recorders or computers, thanks to ultra high-quality Neve-designed analogue-to-digital converters.
For those who don’t already know its legacy, the big, punchy sound of the mic 1073 preamp compliments any musical genre, from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical. Its lush sound with classic Neve signature makes it the consummate mic pre for recording vocals, guitars, and acoustic instruments of all descriptions. Like all Neve studio products, the 1073DPD is hand-crafted and hand-wired by Neve’s dedicated professionals in Burnley, England.
With the 1073DPD, two Neve 1073 mic preamplifiers are complemented by superb Neve-designed analogue-to-digital converters that can capture a performance in any required format. In addition to Neve's famous Class A analogue outputs are a series of digital options, including all standard PCM sampling rates up to 192kHz, selectable via convenient front-panel controls. A unique feature is the Neve DSD (Direct Stream Digital) output, providing unsurpassed quality beyond PCM technology.
Despite its power, the 1073DPD is remarkably simple to operate. Two rear-panel Mic inputs and Line inputs feed dual Class A gain stages, with adjustable Gain control and selectable 48V available on the Mic inputs. Class A analogue outputs in XLR format are also found on the rear panel, controlled via adjustable front-panel Trim control, +/-10dB. Analogue insert points are provided ahead of the A/D converters, so that the classic Neve output sound is captured in full.
The combination of legendary analogue circuitry and superior digital quality makes the 1073DPD the obvious choice as a front-end for recording to digital workstations
Originally fitted to the custom console for Wessex A88, the 1073 module was used extensively during the 1970s on the Neve Consoles that helped define recording techniques for a generation of classic records. The Neve 1073 is the most sought after, and most copied microphone preamplifier in the world. It is small wonder that when asked which one piece of audio gear they could not live without, more professionals chose the Neve 1073 than any other single item.
- Two legendary 1073 microphone preamps in a convenient 1U rackmount design
- Superior Neve-designed analogue-to-digital 24-bit converters
- 192Khz operation with DSD conversion, selectable via front-panel controls
- Dedicated input Gain controls and output Trim controls on both channels
- +48V Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch
- High quality Input Selector switch
- Neve designed transformers for inimitable Neve sound
- Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Neve in Burnley, UK
- Input Impedance: Mic - Switchable, 300 or 1200 ohms
- Frequency Response: 60dB gain into 600 ohms 20Hz to 40kHz (-3dB)
- Line - 20k ohms
- Dynamic Range: >106dB
- EIN: Mic 60dB gain <-125dB
- A/D Converter Frequency Response: Input Impedance: 20k ohms
- 192kHz +/-1dB <10Hz to >40kHz
- 96kHz +/-1dB <10Hz to 40kHz
- 48kHz +/-1.25dB <10Hz to 20kHz
- THD+Noise: +20dBu into 600 ohms <0.07% (50Hz to 10kHz)
- Dimensions - mm (inches) / kg (lbs) The 1073DPA & DPD are supplied in a 1U, 19” rack-mounting unit.
- Height: 45 (1.75) - Depth: 254 (10)
- Approx. Weight: 5 (11)