Speck Model ASC-V
500 Series 4-Band Equalizer
The ASC-V is a professional single channel 4-band equalizer in a 5.25'' vertical module compatible with API Audio 500 series rack frames. It is simple... it is useful... and it delivers the high quality and specifications found in all Speck Electronics gear.
This compact 4-band parametric equalizer has 12 controls for equalization adjustment that covers the audio spectrum from a low 25Hz all the way up to 25kHz. To enhance the classic EQ experience, the ASC-V offers both transformer-balanced and active-balanced outputs.4 Sweepable Bands
The Rear Panel
- L Band - a low band that sweeps the low frequencies from 25Hz - 400Hz. This band offers a Peak/Shelf select switch.
- L/M Band - a switchable low and mid band. This fully parametric section can be switched between a low frequency band that sweeps from 40Hz - 800Hz, or a mid frequency band that sweeps 400Hz - 8kHz. This band has a variable bandwidth adjustment.
- M Band - a fully parametric mid band with a frequency sweep range from 400Hz to 10kHz.
- H Band - a high band that adjusts the high frequency from 2kHz all the way up to 25kHz. This band also offers a Peak/Shelf select switch.
In addition to the standard rack friendly edge connector, the ASC-V has a set of 1/4" TRS input/output jacks, and a power input connector. With these I/O connectors and the optional power module, you can ignore the PC edge connector and use the ASC-V as a stand alone EQ.
We even offer a mounting base that will hold a single EQ or a pair of the ASC-V's.
Connect the ASC-V to virtually any line level source; balanced, unbalanced, or mixer inserts. The Model ASC-V has high headroom that will handle balanced signals up to +28dBu.Features:
- Unified 5.25" vertical module format that is compatible with API Audio® racks.
- Unique design allows module to be operated without rack. Can be self-powered and has 1/4" TRS I/O jacks.
- Transformer and Active-balanced outputs.
- Optional base kit can hold 1 or 2 ASC-V’s for tabletop operation.
- Captive mounting screws stay with the module and extend to pull the module out of the rack.
.0014% @ +24 dBu
Maximum Input/Output Level
30K Ohms (Balanced)
15K Ohms (Unbalanced)
600 Ohms (Transformer-balanced
60 Ohms (Active-balanced)
HxWxD=5.25" x 1.59" x 5.9"
(133mm x 38mm x 150mm)
Rack Power Requirements
+/- 16VDC @ 35ma
External AC Power Supply
120VAC or 230VAC