Filtek MK3 Racked Pair EQ Modules (Vintage)
Originally designed by Stefan Sulke in the 1970´s the MK3 was first only build and distributed by the swiss based company FILTEK. Later this design was the most copied and licenced eq design for dannercassettes. The LAWO W995/7 and the BFE MK3 are exact 1:1 copies of the Filtek design. All circuitry for the FILTEK MK3 is high quality and build after the standards of the IRT (Institut für Rundfunk Technik). FILTEK follows a long tradition of fine vintage broadcast modules. In the beginning these modules were built for radio stations exclusively due to their high factory price. Years later they found their way into recording studios around the world as used and now affordable gear.
The FILTEK MK3 equalizers are fully transformer-balanced and all switches are stepped for 100% accurate recall settings. This makes sense if you are looking for a pair of eq´s that can process your stereo signals (i.e. for CD-mastering, stereo groups, stems, etc.) with 100% recallability. The 3-band equalizer design with additional hp- and lp-filters and many frequencies to choose from gives you all the flexibility you need and makes the MK3 the most adapted design of all dannercassettes. You can patch the eq´s in the mix bus, use them in groups or even for mono sources.
The MK3 is one of the most versatile models in the German EQ range. Their basic sound is rather modern, clear and precise. Due to the overlapping parametric bands and the variable high and low pass filters, even extremely surgical applications are possible. Adding loads of high frequencies is possible without getting any harshness. At extreme frequency settings in combination with a broad bandwidth, the high and low bands make excellent shelving filters too.
– Transformer balanced inputs and outputs
– 3-band equalizer with bypass-switch
– Each band has 12 selectable frequencies with +/-16dB of stepped gain and a 2-way selectable Q-switch
– High frequency band: 1,8k / 2,2 / 2,7/ 3,4/ 4/ 5/ 6,5 / 8 / 10 / 12/ 15 / 18 Khz
– Mid frequency band: 380 / 450 / 600 / 700 / 900 Hz /1 / 1,3 / 1,6 /2 / 2,5 / 3 / 3,8 Khz
– Low frequency band: 50 /60 /80 /100 / 120 140 / 180 / 220 / 270 330 / 400/ 500 Hz
– Lowpass-filter: 5 / 8 /10 / 12 / 15 kHz
– Highpass-filter: 80, 160, 240, 320, 500 Hz
– Very good signal to noise specs