TC Electronics Broadcast 6000 Processing Tool
Tailored for Broadcast Production
Tailored for Broadcast Production We have tailored a special version of System 6000 MKII that is optimized for production with broadcast in mind. It comes fully equipped and gives you a wealth of pristine algorithms.
BROADCAST 6000 also facilitates live program mixing, making it the ideal solution for sports, gameshows or concerts. Ultimately, during live transmission, BROADCAST 6000 becomes your number one toolbox as well as your safety net.
Also, by adding more speakers you can upgrade any conventional OB van or stereo editing suite to a full-blown 5.1 studio with loudness meters and calibrated listening.
Tailored for Broadcast Production
Equally Great for Post Production and Live Program Mixing
Complete Production Toolbox
Loudness Metering, Logging & Correction, Upconversion & Downmix, Monitor Controller
System 6000 MKII Platform
The Audio Backbone of Thousands of Film and Music Studios Around the World
Tailored for Broadcast
BROADCAST 6000 is tailormade for broadcast production – post or live alike.
Starting in the 80’s, we pioneered the field of digital audio and later we did the same regarding perceived loudness. Since then, we have provided the pro audio and broadcast markets with state-of-the-art tools.
With BROADCAST 6000 we have collected all of the tools we know broadcasters use with System 6000. Plus we added our AM6 Annoyance Meter to top off the package.
In other words, it has become even easier for you to find the right combination of tools for this legendary platform. We have simply gathered and pre-installed the full package so the system is ready to perform right out of the box.
BROADCAST 6000 includes our legendary LM6 Loudness Radar Meter for a complete loudness overview at a glance, while ALC6 corrects loudness transparently in real time.
UnWrap HD lets you upconvert a stereo signal into a convincing 5.1 surround version. Plus you get Dmix to go the other way around – from 5.1 to stereo.
For cinema production – such as movie trailers – you get the AM6 Annoyance Meter that complies with the TASA standard.
On top of that, you also get a wide variety of tools such as multiband dynamics, EQ, precision summing mixer and 5.1 monitor control.
The hardware platform of BROADCAST 6000 has been tested intensively in the most demanding production environments since 1999. You will find System 6000 in literally thousands of world-leading recording, film, post and mastering studios all over the world, and in quite a few OB vans and broadcast production studios as well.
The platform has won no less than three of the prestigious TEC Awards over the years. In 2000 for the original System 6000, in 2005 for Mastering 6000 and in 2010 for System 6000 MKII.
Complete loudness overview at a glance, including Loudness History, Momentary Loudness, True Peak Level and universal descriptors that can show e.g. Program Loudness, Loudness Range.
Automatic Loudness Correction Processor delivering high-resolution, low-latency loudness control in a world full of level jumps between programs.
Our UnWrap HD algorithm is the go to upconverter for film and mastering professionals. The sheer sound quality you achieve during upconversion is unrivalled and can be heard in countless cinema movies and music tracks.
Downmix, loudness-process and true peak limit any mono, stereo or 5.1 source. Input formats are detected automatically.
The AM6 radar combines an intuitive and efficient way of visualizing annoyance of stereo or 5.1 content over time, while the integrated Leq(M) number indicates the status of the entire trailer or commercial.
High-resolution dynamics processor for multichannel signals. This algorithm gives you a sophisticated approach to dynamic range control.
Compressor, Expander and Limiter for multichannel signals in one algorithm. Extensive linking and priority parameters enable you to control your processing with precision.
Advanced, high-resolution, multiband dynamics algorithm that includes the innovative DXP mode, allowing you to lift up low-level detail individually in each band.
This high-resolution, multiband dynamics processor has been the industry standard for more than a decade. It will split your audio into individual frequency bands before expanding and compressing.
Brickwall Limiter 2
The ultimate True-peak protection of your signal without sacrificing loudness. We’ve designed this processor to show if a signal is contaminated with 0dBFS peaks – and to remove them.
Six mono channels of 4-band fully parametric EQ. Use this analog-sounding effect alone or in conjunction with other algorithms.
Support your surround productions with a palette of various Level, Test, Bass Management and Downmix tools.
Digital 8-Channel Mixer. Achieve maximum resolution with the intelligent limiter, advanced digital summing mixer, accurate delays and bit pattern transparency.
Expand With Even More Tools
Apart from the wealth of included algorithms listed above, you can add even more worldclass audio tools.
No matter what your main area of production is, you might find optional tools that will fit into your workflow.
System 6000 Integrator
System 6000 Integrator is an audio & video software integration plug-in. In short, it allows you to integrate pristine TC processing with your DAW or NLE. Simply save and reload the complete settings of your System 6000 as part of your project.
Total Control with the TC ICON Remote
We know you’ll love working with our intuitive and innovative TC ICON Remote. We’ve even included the remote as software so you can also run it on your Mac or PC.
- Incredibly Fast Touch Screen and Faders Response
- Intuitive and User-friendly Interface
- Controls Even More TC Studio and Broadcast Units with Dual Ethernet and Dual USB Ports
- Integrate Multiple Mainframes and TC ICONS/Editors Into Your Network
Your TC Icon display gives you an astonishingly fast and flexible way to connect your 16 physical I/Os to your 32 Internal Engine I/Os.
- Visual overview of all I/O connections
- Run all I/Os simultaneously – at 96 kHz
- Parallel and Serial Routing of Engine I/Os
- Output various standards of 5.1 channels with ease
- Physical inputs feed several Engines simultaneously
- Mix Engine outputs on Physical outputs
- Store Routings separately from processing settings
With the System 6000 MKII hardware platform, you’ll always have the best possible signal path for your sonic creations:
- Up to 16 Physical Input and 16 Output Channels
- All Channels Run up to 96kHz Sample Rate
- AES/EBU or Analog – or a Mix Between Them
- State of the Art AD/DA Converter Cards (ADA24/96)
- The Potential to Configure a Total of 6 AD/DA Converter Channels
Our System 6000 MKII always includes a Mainframe with 8 channels AES/EBU I/O, the TC Icon Remote as hardware as well as software for Mac and PC. But we want to you to know that you have even more options:
Two-Channel Analog Reference Quality I/O Module
Up to three of these ADA2496 cards can be fitted into one Mainframe, giving a total of six analog reference quality I/Os
Additional 8 AES/EBU I/O Channels Card
System 6000 MKII is born with 8 channels of AES/EBU and one additional AES/EBU-8 card can be inserted into the Mainframe. The I/O connector is a 25-pin D Sub type and we’ve provided a D-Sub to XLR connector snake with the card.
500 Scene, 500 Routing and 1000 Engine User Present Locations
Our 1 MB PCMCIA Card gets you direct access to these from the library pages on the Icon Control.
A standard four-port Ethernet HUB that you can use to set up networks for multiple mainframes, TC Icon remotes and computers using Mac or PC-editors.
Keeping track of the multitude of issues around loudness can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve created a one-stop dedicated loudness website where you’ll find critical information on the most important issues.
The site is an answer to the highly relevant question: ”What Is Loudness, and Why Is It Important?”
Triple TEC Award Winner
Our System 6000 platform has been praised right from the start. Not only by the pro audio press, but also by the TEC Foundation.
After the introduction of the original System 6000, the platform received its first TEC Award in 2000. Five years later, Mastering 6000, won another TEC Award. Finally, we received a third TEC award for the MKII version in 2010.
We are proud and honored, but we don’t rest on our laurels. We stand comitted to continuously refine the platform by developing new state-of-the-art tools and software.
System 6000 has stayed ahead of the curve for more than a decade, and we intend to keep things that way!
- Comprehensive live-mixing and post-production processing unit offers a broadcast-tailored suite of utilities on a tough, industry-proven hardware platform
- Complete pre-installed set of the tools that broadcasters need, including loudness overview and correction, 5.1 to stereo upconverter and downmixer, and a commercial/trailer annoyance meter
- Core hardware platform has been heavily tested in the most demanding production environments since 1999 and is used by thousands of leading studios around the globe
- Detailed LM6 loudness radar meter gives you a complete loudness landscape overview of your audio at a glance during production, mixing, and mastering to ensure absolute compliance to content delivery specifications
- High-resolution ALC6 automatic loudness correction processing offers content-sensitive loudness control for 5.1 and stereo and easily handles non-dialog-based level jumps
- Cinema-quality UNWRAP HD algorithm is the de facto industry standard for high-resolution upconversion processing, delivering unparalleled 5.1 content from stereo sources
- DMix engine lets you downmix, loudness process, and true-peak limit any mono, stereo, or 5.1 source, and automatically detects input source format for you
- AM6 radar annoyance meter shows you an overview of content annoyance with visualization, true-peak measurement, and the overall Leq(M) level
- Wide variety of staple technologies on board, including multiband dynamics, true-peak limiting, EQ, and a precision summing mixer
- Expandable with a huge range of optional algorithm tools to further customize the setup to your unique production requirements
- SYSTEM 6000 INTEGRATOR AAX*, AU* and VST* remote control plug-in lets you integrate pristine TC ELECTRONIC processing with your DAW or NLE
- Intuitive ICON remote hardware interface with touch screen and motorized sliders makes it enchantingly easy to navigate audio options, and free ICON control software for PC or Mac* provides in-depth control remotely
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
To learn more about TC Electronic, Click Here