True giant killers:
The Boulder MKII 3-way active monitor redefines expected levels of sonic performance and is regarded as a truly world-class monitoring system. Like the critically acclaimed MKI model, the MKII’s boast a fast, accurate detailed sound and prodigious extended bass response, and deliver even greater levels of SPL to fit into any critical listening environment or scenario.
Regarded as easily rivaling many larger and more costly monitoring systems, The Boulders incorporate four discrete bi-polar low feedback amplifiers from The Rock MKII. With the power delivery of the custom Class A/B amplifier at their disposal, The Boulders deliver a life-like sense of scale and take any performance in their stride.
The Boulders are fitted with two 220mm SEAS custom Aluminum woofers that provide tremendous bass precision down to 32Hz and beyond. The unique coaxial mid-range tweeter driver works as a point source over 7 octaves and delivers linear amplitude and phase independent of frequency. This results in incredibly detailed, accurate imaging you can trust.
To accommodate the large 220mm woofers the sealed cabinet uses Baltic Birch plywood and a huge 30mm Corian front baffle with large radius edges to reduce reflection and cabinet resonances.
The Boulders can be expanded with dedicated Boulder Bass Extenders or partnered with an Avalanche Sub-woofer to make a 2.1 or 5.1 system and can even be used with Rocks due to the consistent sonic signature.
- The Boulder MKII Frequency Response 33Hz-38kHz +/- 3dB
- Boulder MkII With And Without High Pass Filter
- Boulder MkII Full Range With Hp In Circuit
- High Frequency Cut/Boost Section Boulder MkII HF & Mid Switches
- 2 x 220mm (8″) SEAS Woofer
- Dual Concentric 130mm (4.5″) ELAC Mid
- Range and 50kHz Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Sealed Baltic Birch 18mm (.75″) Plywood Cabinet
- Corian 30mm (1.2″) Front Baffle Design
- 4 x Discrete A/B Amplifiers by Esoteric
- Audio Research (200 watts total)
- Balanced XLR Input
- 32Hz-38kHz +/-3dB
- 390mm D x 268mm W x 614mm H
- 15.4″ D x 10.5″ W x 24.2″ H